LMA criticise ‘unprofessional’ Manchester United for their handling of David Moyes’ sacking [BBC]
- April 23, 2014
It says a lot that Manchester United’s first sacking in 26 years has been criticized not for the act itself, but for the way in which it was done.
Former players such as Gary Neville have decried how such a normally water-tight institution could have allowed the story to leak the day before the decision was to be officially taken, which was obviously unfair on the incumbent himself.
The League Manager’s Association have now come out to express their disappointment with the ‘unprofessional’ manner that United dealt with the situation.
In a statement, LMA chief executive Richard Bevan said:
The LMA is very disappointed with the nature of David’s departure from Manchester United, and to read extensive reports in the press confirming David’s sacking before David himself had been spoken to officially by the club.’
“Throughout his time at United, David, as he always does, has conducted himself with integrity and professionalism, values that he believes in and that have been strongly associated with the club and its rich tradition.
“It is therefore sad to see the end of David’s tenure at United being handled in an unprofessional manner.’
In keeping with their succinct communication over the last few days, Manchester United have rejected the criticisms, with a brief statement: We do not accept that it was handled in an unprofessional manner.”
(Via The BBC)
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...