LMA criticise ‘unprofessional’ Manchester United for their handling of David Moyes’ sacking [BBC]
It says a lot that Manchester United’s first sacking in 26 years has been criticized not for the act itself, but for the way in which it was done.
Former players such as Gary Neville have decried how such a normally water-tight institution could have allowed the story to leak the day before the decision was to be officially taken, which was obviously unfair on the incumbent himself.
The League Manager’s Association have now come out to express their disappointment with the ‘unprofessional’ manner that United dealt with the situation.
In a statement, LMA chief executive Richard Bevan said:
The LMA is very disappointed with the nature of David’s departure from Manchester United, and to read extensive reports in the press confirming David’s sacking before David himself had been spoken to officially by the club.’
“Throughout his time at United, David, as he always does, has conducted himself with integrity and professionalism, values that he believes in and that have been strongly associated with the club and its rich tradition.
“It is therefore sad to see the end of David’s tenure at United being handled in an unprofessional manner.’
In keeping with their succinct communication over the last few days, Manchester United have rejected the criticisms, with a brief statement: We do not accept that it was handled in an unprofessional manner.”
(Via The BBC)
Watch Live Stream
- Everton fans don’t want David Moyes to come back, start extremely unsentimental hashtag [Tw...May 24th, 2016
- Ex-Man Utd boss David Moyes speaks about being favourite for the Celtic job (Video)April 20th, 2016
- Newcastle tipped to sack Steve McClaren for ex-Man United boss David Moyes [Telegraph]March 5th, 2016
- David Moyes hopes Man United don’t become a sacking club (Video)February 20th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo ends hopes of a Man United return in a new interview (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Martin Demichelis picks more Man United than Man City players in dream 5-a-side team (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Man United set to become first club to hit £1 BILLION in all-time PL earnings [Table]May 25th, 2016
- Jose Mourinho’s Man United move has stalled because Chelsea own trademark to his name [Tweets]May 25th, 2016