LMA criticise ‘unprofessional’ Manchester United for their handling of David Moyes’ sacking [BBC]
It says a lot that Manchester United’s first sacking in 26 years has been criticized not for the act itself, but for the way in which it was done.
Former players such as Gary Neville have decried how such a normally water-tight institution could have allowed the story to leak the day before the decision was to be officially taken, which was obviously unfair on the incumbent himself.
The League Manager’s Association have now come out to express their disappointment with the ‘unprofessional’ manner that United dealt with the situation.
In a statement, LMA chief executive Richard Bevan said:
The LMA is very disappointed with the nature of David’s departure from Manchester United, and to read extensive reports in the press confirming David’s sacking before David himself had been spoken to officially by the club.’
“Throughout his time at United, David, as he always does, has conducted himself with integrity and professionalism, values that he believes in and that have been strongly associated with the club and its rich tradition.
“It is therefore sad to see the end of David’s tenure at United being handled in an unprofessional manner.’
In keeping with their succinct communication over the last few days, Manchester United have rejected the criticisms, with a brief statement: We do not accept that it was handled in an unprofessional manner.”
(Via The BBC)
Watch Live Stream
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes mocked after sharing his tactics pre Liverpool gameNovember 25, 2016
- David Moyes thinks Mourinho’s struggles put his Man United reign in contextNovember 5, 2016
- Things go from bad to worse for Sunderland and David MoyesNovember 1, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho set to be the focus of a tax fraud investigationDecember 3, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne hits the crossbar from five yards out against Chelsea (Video)December 3, 2016
- Mourinho insists he had Herculean workload to recalibrate Man United from Van Gaal era (Video)December 3, 2016
- Anthony Martial calls his performance vs West Ham a ‘confidence boost’ (Video)December 3, 2016