Lives for football, lives IN a football: Lionel Messi is having an original football-shaped house built in Barcelona
It’s often said about the four-time Ballon D’Or winner Lionel Messi that ‘he just lives for football’.
Now he’s taking that maxim to the extreme: by having an original custom-made football-shaped house built in Barcelona.
The conceputal mansion has been designed by the architect Luis de Garrido, and features a garden area designed like a football pitch, with the ball (house) positioned in the middle. It is proposed for the Llavaneres Sant Andreu municipality – 36 kilometres north of Barcelona, Spain – and the concept is to reflect the interests and lifestyle requirements Lionel Messi, i.e. football, football, football.
It is still at design stages, but if it does eventually see the day, Leo Messi will have won Footballer’s Cribs. Forever.
A video of the Garrido talking through the design can be seen below, with blueprint pictures below the fold.
[gthumb id=”362922″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona keeper Ter Stegen breaks a record v Athletic BilbaoAugust 28, 2016
- Barcelona tried to sign Arsenal bound striker Lucas Perez [Graham Hunter Audio]August 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s brilliant response to Gerard Pique’s easy Champions League commentsAugust 26, 2016
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016
- Diego Maradona suggests that Lionel Messi’s Argentina retirement was a publicity stuntAugust 25, 2016
- Leo Messi wins UEFA’s goal of the season for his golazo v Roma (Official Video)August 25, 2016
- Neymar’s son Davi calls his two new puppies after his favourite Barcelona stars (Video)August 24, 2016
- New Argentina squad includes Leo Messi, Sergio Aguero plus Man United & Spurs menAugust 23, 2016