- Barça’s Luis Suarez given brilliant standing ovation after Valencia goal and performance [Video]
- Falcao starts: Chelsea v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Szczesny starts, Giroud on the bench: Reading v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Jamie Carragher heaps praise on Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers [Video]
- Arsenal’s defensive midfield wall Francis Coquelin previewsCup semi-final v Reading [Video]
Lives for football, lives IN a football: Lionel Messi is having an original football-shaped house built in Barcelona
- October 8, 2013
It’s often said about the four-time Ballon D’Or winner Lionel Messi that ‘he just lives for football’.
Now he’s taking that maxim to the extreme: by having an original custom-made football-shaped house built in Barcelona.
The conceputal mansion has been designed by the architect Luis de Garrido, and features a garden area designed like a football pitch, with the ball (house) positioned in the middle. It is proposed for the Llavaneres Sant Andreu municipality – 36 kilometres north of Barcelona, Spain – and the concept is to reflect the interests and lifestyle requirements Lionel Messi, i.e. football, football, football.
It is still at design stages, but if it does eventually see the day, Leo Messi will have won Footballer’s Cribs. Forever.
A video of the Garrido talking through the design can be seen below, with blueprint pictures below the fold.
[gthumb id=”362922″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]