Liverpool’s target Xherdan Shaqiri looks in demand at Bayern as Franck Ribery is set for a back operation [Bild]
- June 19, 2014
Away from the World Cup, the top story on Bild on Thursday focuses on Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery.
The day after Bild alleged that Ribery had been smoking week on holiday in Ibiza, the paper get back to football matters and the health of the attacking midfielder.
Ribery was forced to miss the World Cup with a back problem, and that health issue is set to dog the player for some time to come.
Bild claim that Ribery needs surgery to mend slipped disc in his back. If true, Ribery would be on the sidelines for at least two months, and that would undoubtedly increase the need for Bayern to hold onto Liverpool’s target Xherdan Shaqiri this summer.
Earlier this week it was reported that Liverpool had opened preliminary talks with Bayern to sign Xherdan Shaqiri for €20 million.
- Thiago Alcantara publishes full documentary on year out with injury at Bayern (Video)
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola gets frustrated with Arturo Vidal’s positional awarenes...
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Douglas Costa pulled off a rainbow flick during Bayern Munich win v Leverkusen (officia...
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos gets VIP treatment from Bayern Munich squad [Tweet]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...