- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Liverpool’s target Xherdan Shaqiri looks in demand at Bayern as Franck Ribery is set for a back operation [Bild]
Away from the World Cup, the top story on Bild on Thursday focuses on Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery.
The day after Bild alleged that Ribery had been smoking week on holiday in Ibiza, the paper get back to football matters and the health of the attacking midfielder.
Ribery was forced to miss the World Cup with a back problem, and that health issue is set to dog the player for some time to come.
Bild claim that Ribery needs surgery to mend slipped disc in his back. If true, Ribery would be on the sidelines for at least two months, and that would undoubtedly increase the need for Bayern to hold onto Liverpool’s target Xherdan Shaqiri this summer.
Earlier this week it was reported that Liverpool had opened preliminary talks with Bayern to sign Xherdan Shaqiri for €20 million.
- Updated: June 19, 2014