Liverpool’s target Xherdan Shaqiri looks in demand at Bayern as Franck Ribery is set for a back operation [Bild]
Away from the World Cup, the top story on Bild on Thursday focuses on Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery.
The day after Bild alleged that Ribery had been smoking week on holiday in Ibiza, the paper get back to football matters and the health of the attacking midfielder.
Ribery was forced to miss the World Cup with a back problem, and that health issue is set to dog the player for some time to come.
Bild claim that Ribery needs surgery to mend slipped disc in his back. If true, Ribery would be on the sidelines for at least two months, and that would undoubtedly increase the need for Bayern to hold onto Liverpool’s target Xherdan Shaqiri this summer.
Earlier this week it was reported that Liverpool had opened preliminary talks with Bayern to sign Xherdan Shaqiri for €20 million.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern players wowed by freestyle street performer’s skills after coach invite (Video)October 26, 2016
- Bayern Munich to announce three massive deals in the next month [Sport1]October 26, 2016
- Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti explains why he doesn’t care that Xabi Alonso is slow (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jerome Boateng couldn’t eat for two days after Bayern’s Champions League final loss to ChelseaOctober 19, 2016
- Skills: Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery humiliated by a fan (Video)October 13, 2016
- Franck Ribery claims Antoine Griezmann is not a world class player [Bild]October 12, 2016
- Will he get in trouble? Bayern’s Franck Ribery was incredibly cheeky v HamburgSeptember 24, 2016
- Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery throws jab at Pep GuardiolaJuly 24, 2016
- Spurs fans Trolled Liverpool’s Alberto Moreno during EFL Cup tie (Video)October 26, 2016
- Mamadou Sakho ‘walks alone’ at Liverpool, exit plans revealed [L’Equipe]October 26, 2016
- Liverpool target Alexander Isak hires an agent with close ties to Chelsea’s Roman Abramovich [Expressen]October 26, 2016
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge is the same as Arsenal’s Theo Walcott (BBC Audio)October 26, 2016