Liverpool’s target Xherdan Shaqiri looks in demand at Bayern as Franck Ribery is set for a back operation [Bild]
- June 19, 2014
Away from the World Cup, the top story on Bild on Thursday focuses on Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery.
The day after Bild alleged that Ribery had been smoking week on holiday in Ibiza, the paper get back to football matters and the health of the attacking midfielder.
Ribery was forced to miss the World Cup with a back problem, and that health issue is set to dog the player for some time to come.
Bild claim that Ribery needs surgery to mend slipped disc in his back. If true, Ribery would be on the sidelines for at least two months, and that would undoubtedly increase the need for Bayern to hold onto Liverpool’s target Xherdan Shaqiri this summer.
Earlier this week it was reported that Liverpool had opened preliminary talks with Bayern to sign Xherdan Shaqiri for €20 million.
- Pep Guardiola made a crazy face for 22 long seconds during a presser ahead of the Audi ...
- Pep Guardiola claims Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger hasn’t been fully ...
- Pep Guardiola says Schweinsteiger hasn’t been in top physical condition for three...
- Pep Guardiola says Gotze is one of his favourite players amid talk of De Bruyne swap de...
- Manuel Neuer & Thomas Muller do simultaneous quick-fire interview (Video)
- Bayern Munich v AC Milan
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi