- Very Cute! Chelsea’s first team take on the whole Under-8s squad [Video]
- Pepe might have taken the worst throw-in EVER during Real Madrid v San Lorenzo!
- LVG presser post Aston Villa draw: “United robbed 2 points… not as good as City!”
- One Man United fan labels Louis van Gaal as arrogant after the Aston Villa draw [Full Time Devils]
- Crystal Palace fans protested ticket prices outside the Premier League HQ on Saturday [Pictures]
Liverpool’s Suso confirms discussions are being held with FC Porto, transfer seems close [Quotes]
Portuguese paper O Jogo splashed their paper on Monday with news that FC Porto were close to signing Liverpool winger Suso.
Suso, 20, only has one year left to run on his Anfield contract, and with the Spanish youngster seemingly outside Brendan Rodgers’ first team plans for the foreseeable future.
Due to the lack of time on his contract, Porto, who badly need a winger in their squad, are hoping to get the player on the cheap.
Suso, who has been at Liverpool since 2010, has made just 14 appearances for the Reds, although last season he did impressed on loan at Almeria where he scored three goals in 33 games in Spain.
The overriding feeling is that Suso to Porto is one deal that will happen before the start of the 2014-15 campaign, and that’s now been confirmed by the player himself.
Speaking to the media, Suso has disclosed the following about his Anfield future:
My priority is to stay here[at Liverpool], but Porto is an excellent option if I leave Liverpool. I know there’s negotiations.
Porto are the best club in Portugal and they have faith in their youngsters. They also have a coach I like working with[Lopetegui].
I will only renew with Liverpool if I’m guaranteed I’ll play regularly. The option is clear if I don’t renew: let me leave.
I think Liverpool thinks the same. They won’t let me leave on a free in a year if I don’t renew. Let see what happens.
(Credit to @PortuBall for the quotes)
- Updated: June 10, 2014