Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard taking injections in order to be fit to captain England v Germany [Sun, Mirror & Mail]
- November 13, 2013
Capped 107 times for his country, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is desperate not to miss England’s friendly encounter with Germany next week.
The central midfielder is taking injections for his hip injury in order to be passed fit for the friendly match.
Most of tomorrow’s back pages lead with this Gerrard story.
England fans will love his commitment to his country but Liverpool fans may not be so enthused with a derby match against Everton forthcoming.
Aged 33, Gerrard should probably be looking after his body ahead of his probable International final hurrah in Brazil next summer.
England boss Roy Hodgson said “Gerrard misses Chile but he’s had an injection and I hope he will be fit for Germany”.
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- England get Scotland in 2018 World Cup Qualifying, here’s all the groups
- Man City’s Natasha Flint (18) scores 50 yard wondergoal for England U19s [Video]
- England’s official Twitter account bashed after publishing & deleting sexist...
- Laura Bassett on England grabbing 3rd place with win over Germany [video]
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi