Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard taking injections in order to be fit to captain England v Germany [Sun, Mirror & Mail]
Capped 107 times for his country, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is desperate not to miss England’s friendly encounter with Germany next week.
The central midfielder is taking injections for his hip injury in order to be passed fit for the friendly match.
Most of tomorrow’s back pages lead with this Gerrard story.
England fans will love his commitment to his country but Liverpool fans may not be so enthused with a derby match against Everton forthcoming.
Aged 33, Gerrard should probably be looking after his body ahead of his probable International final hurrah in Brazil next summer.
England boss Roy Hodgson said “Gerrard misses Chile but he’s had an injection and I hope he will be fit for Germany”.
- Man United target Niall Ennis (16) scores outrageous backheel for England U17 against Germany U17...
- England 2 – France 0: Dele Alli’s golazo on debut, Wayne Rooney’s sweet volley ...
- See how Tottenham’s Dele Alli injured Man United’s Anthony Martial last night (Video)
- Dele Alli & Wayne Rooney on England 2 – France 0 (Video)
- Jurgen Klopp joked about boss tha in pre Liverpool v Bordeaux presser (Video)
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge is ‘closer’ to return (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)
- Steven Gerrard confirms he is to train with Liverpool next week & is excited to work with Ju...
- Steven Gerrard believes the ‘Klopp Effect’ is taking hold at Liverpool (Video)
- Steven Gerrard says Luis Suarez has reached another level at Barcelona (Video)
- Steven Gerrard: Arsenal haven’t got enough players who go that extra mile (Video)