Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard taking injections in order to be fit to captain England v Germany [Sun, Mirror & Mail]
Capped 107 times for his country, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is desperate not to miss England’s friendly encounter with Germany next week.
The central midfielder is taking injections for his hip injury in order to be passed fit for the friendly match.
Most of tomorrow’s back pages lead with this Gerrard story.
England fans will love his commitment to his country but Liverpool fans may not be so enthused with a derby match against Everton forthcoming.
Aged 33, Gerrard should probably be looking after his body ahead of his probable International final hurrah in Brazil next summer.
England boss Roy Hodgson said “Gerrard misses Chile but he’s had an injection and I hope he will be fit for Germany”.
Watch Live Stream
- You have to feel sorry for Big Sam Allardyce getting England sack after Scott McGarvey’s reveleationsOctober 13, 2016
- Chelsea’s Gary Cahill gets destroyed by Henry Winter on the BBC (Video)October 12, 2016
- Jesse Lingard clarifies altercation in Marcus Rashford bromance post [Instagram]October 12, 2016
- It’s Not The Manager: Matt Le Tissier hits the nail on the head re England’s malaiseOctober 12, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp praises Daniel Sturridge after Liverpool 2 – Spurs 1 (Video)October 25, 2016
- Liverpool fans delighted with Daniel Sturridge as striker scores brace in 2-1 v Spurs [Tweets]October 25, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham: Watch a live stream of the EFL Cup matchOctober 25, 2016
- Crystal Palace will pay their respects to Harry Davies v Liverpool this weekend [Tweets]October 25, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Robbie Keane’s Instagram post suggests Steven Gerrard isn’t heading back to LiverpoolOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp suggests Liverpool are in talks with Steven Gerrard about a return (Video)October 22, 2016
- Back to Liverpool? Steven Gerrard posts farewell LA Galaxy message on InstagramOctober 22, 2016