- Man United players sign the head of a brave girl suffering from leukemia after she lost her hair
- Park Ji-Sung given hero’s reception at PSV before crowd accidentally set banner on fire [Videos]
- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
- Crazy! Alexandre Meier scores two goals in last minute to rescue point for Frankfurt in 4-4 draw! [Video]
- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard praises Brendan Rodgers, urges club to give him long term contract [Liverpool Echo]
Brendan Rodgers is doing a brilliant job as manager of Liverpool this season.
Having missed out entirely on Europe last season, Rodgers has transformed this Liverpool side into title challengers, playing fast, attacking, fluid football.
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard spoke today, urging the board to give his manager a new long term contract.
Rodgers has only a year left on his contract at Anfield.
Gerrard said, “From week to week he is helping us improve and get better and he has been an absolute breath of fresh air to this football club. I am sure the rest of the players would echo what I am saying.
“I am absolutely delighted he is here and I just hope that there is a lot of movement in Boston now because they have got to get him signed up as soon as possible.
“When players are in this situation with a year to go and you want to keep hold of them so desperately, then the club reacts really quickly and gets it sorted. For me, I think he deserves a very long contract here and I think he is perfect for this club.”
“I have been absolutely blown away by his sessions, his tactics and his maturity in the job and I am learning off him every single day.
“When you become a little bit of an older player you look to see how the manager does certain things and he has been fantastic for myself personally.
“He keeps tweaking and tinkering with the formation and making little subtle changes to personnel and tactics and it is coming off from week to week.
“He manages every single player differently, he knows we have different characters in the dressing room and his man to man, one on one management is the best I have known.
“He makes you go out on to the pitch feeling a million dollars – full of confidence and belief. He is a very confident manager.
- Updated: March 17, 2014