Liverpool’s Luis Suarez will play on the flank when he returns from his 10 match ban [Guardian]
The Guardian are reporting that Brendan Rodgers has decided that Liverpool star Luis Suarez will be starting in a wide position when he returns from his suspension.
The Uruguayan forward had an incredible season last year, scoring 33 goals in all competitions.
However, whilst serving a 10 match ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic, ex-Chelsea man Daniel Sturridge has shone in the striker position.
24 year old Daniel Sturridge has scored in every Liverpool game this season, racking up five goals in their opening four games.
When Suarez returns, he’ll be starting on the opposite flank of Victor Moses as part of the three behind Sturridge.
Coutinho will be the other member of the three, playing behind Sturridge in the middle.
The front four will be expected to interchange positions with Sturridge as the focal point of the Liverpool attack.
Watch Live Stream
- Joel Matip gives Liverpool a terrific Christmas presentDecember 9, 2016
- It’s not certain Liverpool will lose Joel Matip in JanuaryDecember 8, 2016
- Joey Barton calls out Steven Gerrard’s coaching credentials (Video)December 8, 2016
- Top striker criticised for not joining Liverpool or Arsenal (BBC Video)December 8, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo not included in the most expensive XI in world football [CIES]December 6, 2016
- Steven Gerrard reveals how Luis Suarez hooked him up for El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Luis Suarez’s goal for Barcelona v Real Madrid shouldn’t have been allowedDecember 3, 2016
- Ex Liverpool striker Luis Suarez pens long and emotional Steven Gerrard tributeNovember 24, 2016