Liverpool’s Luis Suarez will play on the flank when he returns from his 10 match ban [Guardian]
The Guardian are reporting that Brendan Rodgers has decided that Liverpool star Luis Suarez will be starting in a wide position when he returns from his suspension.
The Uruguayan forward had an incredible season last year, scoring 33 goals in all competitions.
However, whilst serving a 10 match ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic, ex-Chelsea man Daniel Sturridge has shone in the striker position.
24 year old Daniel Sturridge has scored in every Liverpool game this season, racking up five goals in their opening four games.
When Suarez returns, he’ll be starting on the opposite flank of Victor Moses as part of the three behind Sturridge.
Coutinho will be the other member of the three, playing behind Sturridge in the middle.
The front four will be expected to interchange positions with Sturridge as the focal point of the Liverpool attack.
Watch Live Stream
- Twitter falls madly in love with Jurgen Klopp during amazing MNF performance [Tweets]September 26, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp gets told Liverpool title odds, reveals he’s never gambled in his life (Video)September 26, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp talks about his punditry past and what he dislikes about analysts on MNF (Video)September 26, 2016
- Arsenal & Liverpool stars joined by Paul Pogba & Sergio Aguero in the BBC XI of the weekSeptember 26, 2016
- Santa Teresa invite Barcelona’s Luis Suarez to their next game after ‘sexist’ comments to Filipe LuisSeptember 23, 2016
- Luis Suarez left the boot in on Filipe Luiz, accused him of diving and called him a clown (Video)September 22, 2016
- Chelsea old boy Filipe Luis calls out Barcelona’s Luis Suarez on Instagram for a nasty foulSeptember 22, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar pranked Luis Suarez by handing him his used chewing gum (Video)September 20, 2016