Liverpool’s Luis Suarez will play on the flank when he returns from his 10 match ban [Guardian]
- September 3, 2013
The Guardian are reporting that Brendan Rodgers has decided that Liverpool star Luis Suarez will be starting in a wide position when he returns from his suspension.
The Uruguayan forward had an incredible season last year, scoring 33 goals in all competitions.
However, whilst serving a 10 match ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic, ex-Chelsea man Daniel Sturridge has shone in the striker position.
24 year old Daniel Sturridge has scored in every Liverpool game this season, racking up five goals in their opening four games.
When Suarez returns, he’ll be starting on the opposite flank of Victor Moses as part of the three behind Sturridge.
Coutinho will be the other member of the three, playing behind Sturridge in the middle.
The front four will be expected to interchange positions with Sturridge as the focal point of the Liverpool attack.
- James Milner takes first Leaning pictures as a Liverpool player, unveiled with Number 7...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard gave a half-time speech at LA Galaxy [video]
- Liverpool lead the race for Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko [L’Equipe]
- Man City may spend almost £100m on Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling & Kevin De Br...
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard unveiled at LA Galaxy during HT of Toronto rout [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi