Liverpool’s Luis Suarez will play on the flank when he returns from his 10 match ban [Guardian]
The Guardian are reporting that Brendan Rodgers has decided that Liverpool star Luis Suarez will be starting in a wide position when he returns from his suspension.
The Uruguayan forward had an incredible season last year, scoring 33 goals in all competitions.
However, whilst serving a 10 match ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic, ex-Chelsea man Daniel Sturridge has shone in the striker position.
24 year old Daniel Sturridge has scored in every Liverpool game this season, racking up five goals in their opening four games.
When Suarez returns, he’ll be starting on the opposite flank of Victor Moses as part of the three behind Sturridge.
Coutinho will be the other member of the three, playing behind Sturridge in the middle.
The front four will be expected to interchange positions with Sturridge as the focal point of the Liverpool attack.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool make £11m bid for Borussia Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic [Tony Barrett]August 26, 2016
- Liverpool have no interest in signing Manchester City’s Joe Hart [Echo]August 26, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp chats to Gary Lineker about his philosophy, winter breaks and Dortmund days (Video)August 26, 2016
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 26, 2016
- Luis Suarez bags a hat-trick as Barcelona crush Betis 6-2 (Official video)August 20, 2016
- Luis Suarez scores Barcelona team goal from Arda Turan assist v Sevilla (Videos)August 14, 2016
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi bags amazing overhead kick assist for Luis Suarez v Sampdoria (Video)August 10, 2016
- Liverpool old boy Luis Suarez laughs at Roberto Firmino’s hair (Video)August 7, 2016