Liverpool’s Luis Suarez will play on the flank when he returns from his 10 match ban [Guardian]
The Guardian are reporting that Brendan Rodgers has decided that Liverpool star Luis Suarez will be starting in a wide position when he returns from his suspension.
The Uruguayan forward had an incredible season last year, scoring 33 goals in all competitions.
However, whilst serving a 10 match ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic, ex-Chelsea man Daniel Sturridge has shone in the striker position.
24 year old Daniel Sturridge has scored in every Liverpool game this season, racking up five goals in their opening four games.
When Suarez returns, he’ll be starting on the opposite flank of Victor Moses as part of the three behind Sturridge.
Coutinho will be the other member of the three, playing behind Sturridge in the middle.
The front four will be expected to interchange positions with Sturridge as the focal point of the Liverpool attack.
Watch Live Stream
- Jurgen Klopp praises Daniel Sturridge after Liverpool 2 – Spurs 1 (Video)October 25, 2016
- Liverpool fans delighted with Daniel Sturridge as striker scores brace in 2-1 v Spurs [Tweets]October 25, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham: Watch a live stream of the EFL Cup matchOctober 25, 2016
- Crystal Palace will pay their respects to Harry Davies v Liverpool this weekend [Tweets]October 25, 2016
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez reveals plans to return to former clubOctober 25, 2016
- New video angle emerges of Barcelona players being hit by bottles & Leo Messi’s rage (video)October 23, 2016
- Valencia fans hit Neymar & Luis Suarez with bottles after Barcelona’s late winner (Video)October 22, 2016
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez explains why he’ll never win the Ballon d’Or [ESPN]October 21, 2016