Liverpool’s Luis Suarez will play on the flank when he returns from his 10 match ban [Guardian]
The Guardian are reporting that Brendan Rodgers has decided that Liverpool star Luis Suarez will be starting in a wide position when he returns from his suspension.
The Uruguayan forward had an incredible season last year, scoring 33 goals in all competitions.
However, whilst serving a 10 match ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic, ex-Chelsea man Daniel Sturridge has shone in the striker position.
24 year old Daniel Sturridge has scored in every Liverpool game this season, racking up five goals in their opening four games.
When Suarez returns, he’ll be starting on the opposite flank of Victor Moses as part of the three behind Sturridge.
Coutinho will be the other member of the three, playing behind Sturridge in the middle.
The front four will be expected to interchange positions with Sturridge as the focal point of the Liverpool attack.
Watch Live Stream
- Martin Skrtel’s days at Liverpool are almost certainly over, confirms agentMay 25th, 2016
- Loris Karius says he intends to uproot Simon Mignolet as Liverpool number one (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Liverpool “very close” to completing €60m deal for Porto star Yacine Brahimi [A Bola]May 25th, 2016
- New Liverpool signing Loris Karius discusses move from Mainz on InstagramMay 25th, 2016
- Luis Suarez called his wife from Barça bench after breaking down in tears following injury (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Thiago Messi & Benjamin Suarez star in Barcelona Copa del Rey celebrationsMay 23rd, 2016
- Luis Suarez credits Brendan Rodgers with developing him into the Barcelona Pichichi he is todayMay 20th, 2016
- Awesome: Luis Suarez, Paul Pogba and Mesut Ozil star in new adidas ad (Video)May 20th, 2016