Liverpool’s Harry Wilson breaks Gareth Bale’s record to become Wales’ youngest player [Pictures]
- October 16, 2013
He got a three minute cameo, and in the process Liverpool’s Harry Wilson set a new record in Welsh football.
Wales collected a fine 1-1 draw in Belgium on Tuesday night, and in the 87th minute Liverpool midfielder Harry Wilson, just 16 years and 208 days, came off the bench to break Gareth Bale’s record to become his nation’s youngster ever international.
Within 60 seconds of Wrexham-born Wilson’s arrival onto the pitch in Brussels, Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey cancelled out Kevin de Bruyne’s 65th minute opener to provide not only a fairytale start for Wilson, but the perfect send-off for 34-year-old Craig Bellamy on his 78th and final cap. Wilson also broke the Liverpool record to become the club’s youngster ever international.
Despite having not even made his Liverpool debut, Wilson smashed the record set by Raheem Sterling who became the club’s youngest international when he represented England for the first time in November last year at the age of 17 years and 342 days.
Pictures from Harry Wilson’s historic debut for Wales can be seen below.
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- How Liverpool could play a 3-4-3 formation next season [Graphic, the Observer]
- Liverpool’s Emre Can rejects Ginter’s criticism after going out for pizza d...
- Southampton’s Nathaniel Clyne photographed after completing Liverpool medical [Pi...
- Steven Gerrard welcomed by less than 10 LA Galaxy fans upon USA arrival [Video]
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi