Liverpool & Chelsea stars get Brazil call up from Dunga. Marcelo, Dani Alves & Paulinho dropped
- August 19, 2014
The first day of the new chapter of Brazilian international football took place on Tuesday as Carlos Dunga made his first squad selection as the new Selecao coach.
Brazil have a gaping wound in their national pride following the World Cup, in which the host nation were chucked out the competition in a famous 7-1 defeat to Germany in the semifinals.
That result cost Luis Felipe Scoalli his job, and Dunga, a World Cup winning captain, has now come in to take over.
The big headline news from Dunga’s first squad selection was the inclusion of Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho.
Coutinho was picked in an attacking position for a team that is now without a striker, as Dunga filled out the rest of his forward position with Neymar and Diego Tardelli.
Aside from the Liverpool man, Chelsea had several inclusions in the squad with Filipe Luis, Oscar and Willian all called up.
The fall-guys from the World Cup included Marcelo, Dani Alves and Tottenham’s Paulinho, who were all dropped. Other big named absentees were Robinho, Kakà, Alexandre Pato and Paulo Henrique Ganso.
Brazil take on Colombia and Ecuador in upcoming friendlies.
The full Brazil squad is below:
GOALKEEPERS – Jefferson, Rafael Cabral.
DEFENCE – David Luiz, Marquinhos, Gil, Miranda, Maicon, Filipe Luis, Alex Sandro, Danilo.
MIDFIELD – Luiz Gustavo, Elias, Fernandinho, Ramires, Everton Ribeiro, Oscar, Hulk, Ricardo Goulart, Willian.
ATTACK – Neymar, Coutinho, Diego Tardelli.
Grab a £35 Free Bet!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get a 100% Bonus up to £35 Free!
Open a new account with TitanBet & Get a Welcome bonus Of Up To £35 Free!
- Brazil beat Colombia in the Pan Am final, sub Maurine scored an olimpico golazo with he...
- Chelsea’s Lucas Piazon scored a quality goal for Brazil at the Pan American Games...
- Fluminense unveil the signing of ex Barcelona superstar Ronaldinho to thousands of fans...
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil pays for 11 more operations for sick Brazilian children [Quotes]
- Amazing: Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller trolls Brazil a year on from the 7-1 defea...
- Barca’s Dani Alves: Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil team for World Cup 2014 ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi