Liverpool & Chelsea stars get Brazil call up from Dunga. Marcelo, Dani Alves & Paulinho dropped
The first day of the new chapter of Brazilian international football took place on Tuesday as Carlos Dunga made his first squad selection as the new Selecao coach.
Brazil have a gaping wound in their national pride following the World Cup, in which the host nation were chucked out the competition in a famous 7-1 defeat to Germany in the semifinals.
That result cost Luis Felipe Scoalli his job, and Dunga, a World Cup winning captain, has now come in to take over.
The big headline news from Dunga’s first squad selection was the inclusion of Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho.
Coutinho was picked in an attacking position for a team that is now without a striker, as Dunga filled out the rest of his forward position with Neymar and Diego Tardelli.
Aside from the Liverpool man, Chelsea had several inclusions in the squad with Filipe Luis, Oscar and Willian all called up.
The fall-guys from the World Cup included Marcelo, Dani Alves and Tottenham’s Paulinho, who were all dropped. Other big named absentees were Robinho, Kakà, Alexandre Pato and Paulo Henrique Ganso.
Brazil take on Colombia and Ecuador in upcoming friendlies.
The full Brazil squad is below:
GOALKEEPERS – Jefferson, Rafael Cabral.
DEFENCE – David Luiz, Marquinhos, Gil, Miranda, Maicon, Filipe Luis, Alex Sandro, Danilo.
MIDFIELD – Luiz Gustavo, Elias, Fernandinho, Ramires, Everton Ribeiro, Oscar, Hulk, Ricardo Goulart, Willian.
ATTACK – Neymar, Coutinho, Diego Tardelli.
Grab a £35 Free Bet!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get a 100% Bonus up to £35 Free!
Open a new account with TitanBet & Get a Welcome bonus Of Up To £35 Free!
Watch Live Stream
- Gabriel Jesus defends Neymar for abusing a Brazil fan after the Olympics finalAugust 24, 2016
- Brazil fan uses Facebook & his Olympics football final tickets to get a jobAugust 23, 2016
- Neymar continues to get close to ex girlfriend Bruna Marquezine (Videos)August 22, 2016
- After winning Olympic gold, Neymar lost it with a Brazil fan in the Maracana crowd (Video)August 22, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho told to find a new club before the window shuts [Mail]August 30, 2016
- Liverpool fans love Jamie Carragher’s comment on Daniel Sturridge Instagram postAugust 30, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund reject Liverpool’s £11m bid for Christian Pulisic, loan move possible [ESPN]August 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Phil Coutinho a major doubt for Tottenham v Liverpool [Liverpool Echo]August 26, 2016
- Jordan Henderson backs Philippe Coutinho to match Messi & Ronaldo [Liverpool Echo]August 17, 2016
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho scored amazing FPL points v ArsenalAugust 15, 2016
- Phil Coutinho & Adam Lallana on Liverpool’s 4-3 win at Arsenal (Video)August 14, 2016