Liverpool would sell Luis Suarez for £120m if they miss out on the top four, says Anfield legend Ian Rush [Sun]
The Sun kick off 2014 by trying to scare Liverpool fans that their prized asset may not be as secured as they once believed.
Since news broke ten days ago that Luis Suarez has penned a new deal at Anfield, there have been a series of stories talking about the details of the agreement and picking apart just how watertight the Uruguayan’s contract is.
Suarez will become the highest-earner in Liverpool history from next season as the striker will receive £200,000-a-week until 2018.
It is also understood that Suarez has a trap door to leave Liverpool if the Reds fail to meet his expectations by failing to qualify for Champions League.
Now the Sun claim to have the inside scoop on just how much money is needed to sign Suarez from Liverpool, and their source seems to be reliable being Anfield legend Ian Rush.
According to Antony Kastrinakis:
Ian Rush last night claimed Luis Suarez has a whopping £120MILLION get-out clause in his new deal.
Liverpool legend Rush, now a Kop ambassador, admitted the striker could leave for a world-record fee if the Reds do not finish in the top four.
He said “If we don’t qualify for the Champions League he can leave.”
A copy of the backpage of the Sun on New Year’s Day is below.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes it clear Sturridge will remain at club [Mirror]December 2, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan claims life under Jurgen Klopp was a ‘disaster’December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man City v Chelsea & how to replace CoutinhoDecember 2, 2016
- Ex Liverpool striker Luis Suarez pens long and emotional Steven Gerrard tributeNovember 24, 2016
- Uruguayans claim Luis Suarez didn’t swear at Chile fans, but he did troll themNovember 17, 2016
- Arsenal warrior Alexis Sanchez lost his temper with the dugout after a Luis Suarez fall (Official Video)November 17, 2016
- Luis Suarez is in hot bother for swearing at Chile fans, faces a banNovember 16, 2016