Liverpool would sell Luis Suarez for £120m if they miss out on the top four, says Anfield legend Ian Rush [Sun]
- January 1, 2014
The Sun kick off 2014 by trying to scare Liverpool fans that their prized asset may not be as secured as they once believed.
Since news broke ten days ago that Luis Suarez has penned a new deal at Anfield, there have been a series of stories talking about the details of the agreement and picking apart just how watertight the Uruguayan’s contract is.
Suarez will become the highest-earner in Liverpool history from next season as the striker will receive £200,000-a-week until 2018.
It is also understood that Suarez has a trap door to leave Liverpool if the Reds fail to meet his expectations by failing to qualify for Champions League.
Now the Sun claim to have the inside scoop on just how much money is needed to sign Suarez from Liverpool, and their source seems to be reliable being Anfield legend Ian Rush.
According to Antony Kastrinakis:
Ian Rush last night claimed Luis Suarez has a whopping £120MILLION get-out clause in his new deal.
Liverpool legend Rush, now a Kop ambassador, admitted the striker could leave for a world-record fee if the Reds do not finish in the top four.
He said “If we don’t qualify for the Champions League he can leave.”
A copy of the backpage of the Sun on New Year’s Day is below.
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- How Liverpool could play a 3-4-3 formation next season [Graphic, the Observer]
- Liverpool’s Emre Can rejects Ginter’s criticism after going out for pizza d...
- Southampton’s Nathaniel Clyne photographed after completing Liverpool medical [Pi...
- Steven Gerrard welcomed by less than 10 LA Galaxy fans upon USA arrival [Video]
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi