- Jason Byrne & Jamie Carragher have 7-minute staring contest on Soccer AM [Video]
- Alexis Sanchez uploads childhood photo, sparks debate among Chileans that he’s a fan of La U
- Better Late Than Never! Barça’s Neymar wishes Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez a Happy Birthday
- Roberto Soldado: ‘I feel ashamed when Spurs fans sing my name’
- Manchester United’s Juan Mata gives Full Time Devils a Wave
Liverpool would sell Luis Suarez for £120m if they miss out on the top four, says Anfield legend Ian Rush [Sun]
The Sun kick off 2014 by trying to scare Liverpool fans that their prized asset may not be as secured as they once believed.
Since news broke ten days ago that Luis Suarez has penned a new deal at Anfield, there have been a series of stories talking about the details of the agreement and picking apart just how watertight the Uruguayan’s contract is.
Suarez will become the highest-earner in Liverpool history from next season as the striker will receive £200,000-a-week until 2018.
It is also understood that Suarez has a trap door to leave Liverpool if the Reds fail to meet his expectations by failing to qualify for Champions League.
Now the Sun claim to have the inside scoop on just how much money is needed to sign Suarez from Liverpool, and their source seems to be reliable being Anfield legend Ian Rush.
According to Antony Kastrinakis:
Ian Rush last night claimed Luis Suarez has a whopping £120MILLION get-out clause in his new deal.
Liverpool legend Rush, now a Kop ambassador, admitted the striker could leave for a world-record fee if the Reds do not finish in the top four.
He said “If we don’t qualify for the Champions League he can leave.”
A copy of the backpage of the Sun on New Year’s Day is below.
- Updated: January 1, 2014