- Barcelona celebrate Eric Abidal’s finest moments at the club in tribute video
- Eric Abidal scored two goals for Barcelona, one of which came in El Clasico [Video]
- Jokers! Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe rip it out of James Rodriguez for terrible touch in Real Madrid training [Video]
- Marouane Fellaini says it was easy for critics to make him a scapegoat when David Moyes failed at Man United
- Olympiakos pay wonderful tribute to retiring defender Eric Abidal [Video]
Liverpool v Man United: Raheem Sterling & Antonio Valencia sent off during England-Ecuador
The Premier League appeared on the international football World Cup warm-up scene on Wednesday evening.
With just over ten minutes to go of the England v Ecuador friendly, Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling put in a poorly timed challenge on Manchester United’s Antonio Valencia.
To be fair to Valencia, it was a horrible challenge from the Liverpool winger considering the World Cup is just eight days away and this was only a friendly in Miami.
Predictably, the Manchester United and Ecuador flyer responded with a push on Sterling.
Cue, some England players charging in, including Liverpool defender Jon Flanagan and Jack Wilshere.
Both players were surprisingly sent off.
Cue, questions across England, asking whether both players will miss any part of the World Cup due to suspension.
In one word: NO!
- Updated: June 4, 2014