Liverpool v Man United: Raheem Sterling & Antonio Valencia sent off during England-Ecuador
The Premier League appeared on the international football World Cup warm-up scene on Wednesday evening.
With just over ten minutes to go of the England v Ecuador friendly, Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling put in a poorly timed challenge on Manchester United’s Antonio Valencia.
To be fair to Valencia, it was a horrible challenge from the Liverpool winger considering the World Cup is just eight days away and this was only a friendly in Miami.
Predictably, the Manchester United and Ecuador flyer responded with a push on Sterling.
Cue, some England players charging in, including Liverpool defender Jon Flanagan and Jack Wilshere.
Both players were surprisingly sent off.
Cue, questions across England, asking whether both players will miss any part of the World Cup due to suspension.
In one word: NO!
Watch Live Stream
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho claims he tried to sign Antonio Valencia at Real MadridNovember 24, 2016
- Antonio Valencia dedicates MOTM award to Man United medical staff [Instagram]November 19, 2016
- Man United get an injury boost for the Arsenal gameNovember 15, 2016
- Man United’s Antonio Valencia is lifting weights despite having a broken hand [Instagram Video]November 5, 2016
- Was he faking? Ecuador release Enner Valencia’s medical report with a ‘diarrhea’ updateOctober 8, 2016
- Man United’s Antonio Valencia scores cracker for Ecuador (official video)October 7, 2016
- Incredible scenes: Enner Valencia fakes injury to escape police during Ecuador winOctober 7, 2016
- Ecuador 0 – Brazil 3: Goals from Neymar & Gabriel Jesus (Official Videos)September 2, 2016
- Gareth Southgate gives first interview as permanent England manager (Video)November 30, 2016
- Gareth Southgate has been offered the England job [Sun]November 24, 2016
- Wilfried Zaha set to switch to the Ivory Coast despite having played for England [BBC]November 22, 2016
- Gareth Southgate to be confirmed as England manager after three-hour interview [Telegraph]November 21, 2016