Liverpool v Man United: Raheem Sterling & Antonio Valencia sent off during England-Ecuador
The Premier League appeared on the international football World Cup warm-up scene on Wednesday evening.
With just over ten minutes to go of the England v Ecuador friendly, Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling put in a poorly timed challenge on Manchester United’s Antonio Valencia.
To be fair to Valencia, it was a horrible challenge from the Liverpool winger considering the World Cup is just eight days away and this was only a friendly in Miami.
Predictably, the Manchester United and Ecuador flyer responded with a push on Sterling.
Cue, some England players charging in, including Liverpool defender Jon Flanagan and Jack Wilshere.
Both players were surprisingly sent off.
Cue, questions across England, asking whether both players will miss any part of the World Cup due to suspension.
In one word: NO!
Watch Live Stream
- You joking? Ander Herrera thinks Man United have the best right-back in the worldAugust 21, 2016
- Man United’s Antonio Valencia reacts to his red card v USA [Instagram Video]June 17, 2016
- Man United players sing about Man City in dressing room after FA Cup final win (Video)May 21, 2016
- Antonio Valencia updates Man United fans on Instagram after a foot operation [Picture]November 11, 2015
- Brazil in huge let off as Ecuador fume over disallowed goal (Videos)June 5, 2016
- Ecuador stun Argentina with 2-0 win at Estadio Monumental (Official highlights)October 9, 2015
- Man United flyer Antonio Valencia pulled off a quality rapid assist v Argentina (official video)October 9, 2015
- Argentina v Ecuador: Online Live Streaming video [HD]October 4, 2015
- Man United & Arsenal full internationals included in England U21 squadAugust 25, 2016
- Should Man United’s Wayne Rooney remain England’s captain? (BBC Video)August 23, 2016
- Best of the Bemused Twitter Reaction to James Milner’s retirement from England dutyAugust 5, 2016
- Big Sam Allardyce gets Jermain Defoe’s height completely wrong at England press conference (Video)July 25, 2016