Liverpool v Man United: Raheem Sterling & Antonio Valencia sent off during England-Ecuador
- June 4, 2014
The Premier League appeared on the international football World Cup warm-up scene on Wednesday evening.
With just over ten minutes to go of the England v Ecuador friendly, Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling put in a poorly timed challenge on Manchester United’s Antonio Valencia.
To be fair to Valencia, it was a horrible challenge from the Liverpool winger considering the World Cup is just eight days away and this was only a friendly in Miami.
Predictably, the Manchester United and Ecuador flyer responded with a push on Sterling.
Cue, some England players charging in, including Liverpool defender Jon Flanagan and Jack Wilshere.
Both players were surprisingly sent off.
Cue, questions across England, asking whether both players will miss any part of the World Cup due to suspension.
In one word: NO!
- Man United fans react as LvG says Matteo Darmian is cover for Antonio Valencia [Best Tw...
- Man United’s Antonio Valencia appears to bid farewell to Radamel Falcao on Instagram
- Man United’s Antonio Valencia looks happy during a dance with his dog [Video]
- Antonio Valencia apologises to Man United fans & his teammates after 2-1 defeat to...
- Roy Keane hammered Manchester United duo for poor defending versus Arsenal [Video]
- Video of Man United pair Antonio Valencia & Robin van Persie playing fussball
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...