Liverpool v Man United: Raheem Sterling & Antonio Valencia sent off during England-Ecuador
- June 4, 2014
The Premier League appeared on the international football World Cup warm-up scene on Wednesday evening.
With just over ten minutes to go of the England v Ecuador friendly, Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling put in a poorly timed challenge on Manchester United’s Antonio Valencia.
To be fair to Valencia, it was a horrible challenge from the Liverpool winger considering the World Cup is just eight days away and this was only a friendly in Miami.
Predictably, the Manchester United and Ecuador flyer responded with a push on Sterling.
Cue, some England players charging in, including Liverpool defender Jon Flanagan and Jack Wilshere.
Both players were surprisingly sent off.
Cue, questions across England, asking whether both players will miss any part of the World Cup due to suspension.
In one word: NO!
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...