Liverpool tipped to make €18m bid for Mario Balotelli [Corriere dello Sport]
- August 3, 2014
Corriere dello Sport report on Sunday that Liverpool are expected to try and offload two players this summer:
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool and Mattia De Sciglio to Real Madrid.
So much so, that the Rossoneri are already thinking about who they bring in with the money received for Balotelli and De Sciglio.
The rumours of a Liverpool move for Balotelli appear to stem from some nice words Brendan Rodgers said about the Italian striker in the build-up to the 2-0 win over AC Milan on Saturday.
Balotelli is available for a fee ranging between 15 and 18 million euros as AC Milan look to cut down on their wage bill.
Before the International Champions Cup clash on Saturday, Rodgers said: “Balotelli is a big talent,’ Rodgers said. I saw that in this time at Inter Milan as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there.
“He’s got all the qualities. He’s 6ft 3ins, he’s quick, his touch is terrific and he can score goals. He went back to Italy to play and he’s still so young. If his focus is right, his concentration is right and he leads the lifestyle of a top player then he can play for any team in the world.”
With Luis Suarez’s departure from Liverpool, it is understood a big-name striker is being searched for by Rodgers and his scouts but is Balotelli considered more than a loose cannon?
After the now famous clash with Emre Can, would Liverpool fans even want Balotelli at Anfield?
Balotelli meets Emre Can https://t.co/htTwEJNwoB
— MostarLFC (@MostarLFC) August 3, 2014
- AC Milan complete signing of Shakhtar Donetsk striker Luiz Adriano for €8million [video]
- Done Deal: AC Milan confirm signing Carlos Bacca from Sevilla [Tweet]
- AC Milan pay AS Roma €20m for Andrea Bertolacci, despite him never playing for the Gial...
- Liverpool miss out on Carlos Bacca; AC Milan secure Sevilla striker [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- New AC Milan boss Sinisa Mihajlovic explains why he’s the best man for the job [V...
- Arsenal target Geoffrey Kondogbia set for move to AC Milan after fee agreed [Sky Italia]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi