Liverpool tipped to make €18m bid for Mario Balotelli [Corriere dello Sport]
Corriere dello Sport report on Sunday that Liverpool are expected to try and offload two players this summer:
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool and Mattia De Sciglio to Real Madrid.
So much so, that the Rossoneri are already thinking about who they bring in with the money received for Balotelli and De Sciglio.
The rumours of a Liverpool move for Balotelli appear to stem from some nice words Brendan Rodgers said about the Italian striker in the build-up to the 2-0 win over AC Milan on Saturday.
Balotelli is available for a fee ranging between 15 and 18 million euros as AC Milan look to cut down on their wage bill.
Before the International Champions Cup clash on Saturday, Rodgers said: “Balotelli is a big talent,’ Rodgers said. I saw that in this time at Inter Milan as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there.
“He’s got all the qualities. He’s 6ft 3ins, he’s quick, his touch is terrific and he can score goals. He went back to Italy to play and he’s still so young. If his focus is right, his concentration is right and he leads the lifestyle of a top player then he can play for any team in the world.”
With Luis Suarez’s departure from Liverpool, it is understood a big-name striker is being searched for by Rodgers and his scouts but is Balotelli considered more than a loose cannon?
After the now famous clash with Emre Can, would Liverpool fans even want Balotelli at Anfield?
Balotelli meets Emre Can https://t.co/htTwEJNwoB
— MostarLFC (@MostarLFC) August 3, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Done Deal: AC Milan sign a Chelsea midfielder on loanAugust 27, 2016
- AC Milan confirm rejection of huge Chelsea offer for Alessio Romagnoli [Official Statement]August 25, 2016
- Chelsea starlet Mario Pasalic to join AC Milan on season long-loan for €1m [Di Marzio]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea up their offer for AC Milan’s Alessio Romagnoli [RMC Sport]August 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp warns Daniel Sturridge that he’s fallen down pecking order at Liverpool [Mirror]August 28, 2016
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela pictured eye gouging Liverpool’s Dejan LovrenAugust 28, 2016
- Liverpool keeper Danny Ward was superb as Huddersfield stay top of the Championship (Video)August 28, 2016
- Daniel Sturridge is like Jack Wilshere. They need to perform on the training pitch (Sky Video)August 28, 2016
- Details of Mario Balotelli’s enormous pay cut if he leaves Liverpool for Palermo [Sky Sports]August 28, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Mario Balotelli tipped to leave Liverpool to move to Ligue 1 [France Football]August 24, 2016
- Palermo fans display banner begging club to sign Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli [Picture]August 23, 2016