Liverpool tipped to make €18m bid for Mario Balotelli [Corriere dello Sport]
Corriere dello Sport report on Sunday that Liverpool are expected to try and offload two players this summer:
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool and Mattia De Sciglio to Real Madrid.
So much so, that the Rossoneri are already thinking about who they bring in with the money received for Balotelli and De Sciglio.
The rumours of a Liverpool move for Balotelli appear to stem from some nice words Brendan Rodgers said about the Italian striker in the build-up to the 2-0 win over AC Milan on Saturday.
Balotelli is available for a fee ranging between 15 and 18 million euros as AC Milan look to cut down on their wage bill.
Before the International Champions Cup clash on Saturday, Rodgers said: “Balotelli is a big talent,’ Rodgers said. I saw that in this time at Inter Milan as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there.
“He’s got all the qualities. He’s 6ft 3ins, he’s quick, his touch is terrific and he can score goals. He went back to Italy to play and he’s still so young. If his focus is right, his concentration is right and he leads the lifestyle of a top player then he can play for any team in the world.”
With Luis Suarez’s departure from Liverpool, it is understood a big-name striker is being searched for by Rodgers and his scouts but is Balotelli considered more than a loose cannon?
After the now famous clash with Emre Can, would Liverpool fans even want Balotelli at Anfield?
Balotelli meets Emre Can https://t.co/htTwEJNwoB
— MostarLFC (@MostarLFC) August 3, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Gianluigi Donnarumma made a world-class save to secure AC Milan’s win v Juventus (Video)October 22, 2016
- Manuel Locatelli scores cracking goal to secure AC Milan win over JuventusOctober 22, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas’s wife comments on speculation about him moving to AC MilanOctober 17, 2016
- From Manchester to Milan to Madrid: How Chinese investors have ploughed $2 billion in European footballOctober 10, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp admits that Simon Mignolet isn’t happy with his current situation (Video)October 24, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Roberto Mancini praises Mario Balotelli but says he must get 20 goals this season [L’Equipe]October 13, 2016
- Mario Balotelli says he has only felt good at Man City & Nice [Quotes]October 5, 2016
- Nice forward Mario Balotelli will have his red card against Lorient revoked [L’Equipe]October 4, 2016
- Mario Balotelli reveals how mistreated he was at Liverpool by Jurgen Klopp [Tweet]October 3, 2016