- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Liverpool target Adam Lallana’s impressive performance for England v Peru [Individual Highlights]
Daniel Sturridge took all the headlines, but Southampton winger Adam Lallana was probably the better all-round performer on the night, enjoying a very impressive 73 minutes on the right flank.
Lallana showed brilliant pace and dribbling, terrorizing the Peruvian defence with his jinking runs, though the Liverpool target could perhaps have been a bit more productive in the final third.
Lallana showed his brilliant skills and trickery, but little of it amounted to concrete chances for England’s attack.
Another issue he’s often been charged with is balance: as many times this season with Southampton, Lallana lost his balance on more than one occasion, which naturally takes him out of the game and costs him quite often.
- Updated: May 31, 2014