- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Liverpool table £20m bid for Southampton captain Adam Lallana [Echo Front Page]
- May 13, 2014
The Liverpool Echo appear to be running four days behind the Sun on Tuesday, splashing their front page with news that the club have posted a £20m bid for Southampton captain Adam Lallana.
According to the Echo, Saints are holding out for a fee of £25m, however the paper claim that the south coasters are hamstrung in their negotiating power.
The Echo report:
The Hampshire club owe around £27m in outstanding transfer fees, as well as a loan to owner Katharina Liebherr for training ground renovations, meaning the departures of Lallana and Manchester United target Luke Shaw are increasingly likely.
26-year-old Lallana, picked for the England squad for the World Cup, has a superb season at Southampton scoring 10 goals and chalking up six assists.
For the record, Lallana recently penned a new five-year contract at St Mary’s.