- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Liverpool table £20m bid for Southampton captain Adam Lallana [Echo Front Page]
The Liverpool Echo appear to be running four days behind the Sun on Tuesday, splashing their front page with news that the club have posted a £20m bid for Southampton captain Adam Lallana.
According to the Echo, Saints are holding out for a fee of £25m, however the paper claim that the south coasters are hamstrung in their negotiating power.
The Echo report:
The Hampshire club owe around £27m in outstanding transfer fees, as well as a loan to owner Katharina Liebherr for training ground renovations, meaning the departures of Lallana and Manchester United target Luke Shaw are increasingly likely.
26-year-old Lallana, picked for the England squad for the World Cup, has a superb season at Southampton scoring 10 goals and chalking up six assists.
For the record, Lallana recently penned a new five-year contract at St Mary’s.
- Updated: May 13, 2014