- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
“Liverpool supporters were brilliant” says manager Brendan Rodgers after Tottenham thrashing [Video]
After years of bitterness, Anfield is undeniably a happy place again. Whatever Liverpool go on to achieve this season there is no doubt their fans believe the good times are on the way back.
After beating Tottenham in an impressive style, Brendan Rodgers was asked by the media what is the secret of his club’s success. “We had real dominance today from the first whistle, ” explained the manager, “the hunger and intensity to get the ball back until the end [of the game].”
Liverpool have been a constant source of pride and excitement and, in return, those who fill Anfield on a regular basis have shown their support in increasingly fervent fashion.
The Reds’ fans welcomed manager Brendan Rodgers into the stadium with a corridor of roars, songs and cries of approval.
“The Liverpool supporters were brilliant,” said Rodgers, “it’s as good as I heard Anfield since I started as a manager over here.”
Watch Brendan Rodgers’ comments below:
- Updated: March 31, 2014