“Liverpool supporters were brilliant” says manager Brendan Rodgers after Tottenham thrashing [Video]
- March 31, 2014
After years of bitterness, Anfield is undeniably a happy place again. Whatever Liverpool go on to achieve this season there is no doubt their fans believe the good times are on the way back.
After beating Tottenham in an impressive style, Brendan Rodgers was asked by the media what is the secret of his club’s success. “We had real dominance today from the first whistle, ” explained the manager, “the hunger and intensity to get the ball back until the end [of the game].”
Liverpool have been a constant source of pride and excitement and, in return, those who fill Anfield on a regular basis have shown their support in increasingly fervent fashion.
The Reds’ fans welcomed manager Brendan Rodgers into the stadium with a corridor of roars, songs and cries of approval.
“The Liverpool supporters were brilliant,” said Rodgers, “it’s as good as I heard Anfield since I started as a manager over here.”
Watch Brendan Rodgers’ comments below:
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool forward turned down Man United and Bayern MunichDecember 10, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016
- Celtic’s Brendan Rodgers trolls a journalist for a Loch Ness monster & Leo Messi questionNovember 22, 2016
- Celtic fans serenade Brendan Rodgers with hilarious song during win over Kilmarnock (Video)November 21, 2016
- Did Simon Mignolet troll Loris Karius on Instagram? Cryptic post pre-West HamDecember 11, 2016
- Revealed: Roberto Firmino will earn huge money if he scores for Liverpool v West HamDecember 11, 2016
- Leading Sunday broadsheet link West Ham with signing a Liverpool star in JanuaryDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016