Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge Tweets denial over “it’s not about England” comment
Its international week, so what we really needed was a good old fashioned club v country debate.
Daniel Sturridge is undoubtedly the man of the moment after scoring three goals in Liverpool’s opening three games of the Premier League season.
The former Chelsea and Manchester City striker has though missed the recent England matches against Moldova on Friday and Ukraine tonight due to a thigh injury.
He then gave an interview to Liverpool’s official website where Sturridge said the following: “I’m more worried about Liverpool and more worried about putting in good performances for us, us winning games and challenging for trophies. That’s my main ambition – it’s not about playing for England. That comes with doing the things you do for your club and if I don’t play well here, I won’t get the opportunity to do it there [World Cup finals].”
To which Sturridge then received abuse on his Twitter account and was forced to respond publicly, as can be seen below.
[gthumb id=”352665″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Roy Hodgson explains why he didn’t pick Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge for En...
- Steven Gerrard brutalizes Iago Aspas with killer line in his book (Audible Audio)
- Jamie Carragher: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge is the 2nd best striker in the Prem...
- Daniel Sturridge now has a better goal ratio than any other Liverpool striker in PL era...
- Kenny Dalglish tells Liverpool fans to ‘fasten their seatbelts’ for the Jur...
- The Twitter response to Jurgen Klopp’s appointment was record-breaking (Graphic)
- Jurgen Klopp arrives in Liverpool in Matze Knop’s wonderfully eccentric skit (Video)
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers