- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
- Arsenal fans serenaded old boy Kolo Toure at Anfield [Video]
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge Tweets denial over “it’s not about England” comment
Its international week, so what we really needed was a good old fashioned club v country debate.
Daniel Sturridge is undoubtedly the man of the moment after scoring three goals in Liverpool’s opening three games of the Premier League season.
The former Chelsea and Manchester City striker has though missed the recent England matches against Moldova on Friday and Ukraine tonight due to a thigh injury.
He then gave an interview to Liverpool’s official website where Sturridge said the following: “I’m more worried about Liverpool and more worried about putting in good performances for us, us winning games and challenging for trophies. That’s my main ambition – it’s not about playing for England. That comes with doing the things you do for your club and if I don’t play well here, I won’t get the opportunity to do it there [World Cup finals].”
To which Sturridge then received abuse on his Twitter account and was forced to respond publicly, as can be seen below.
[gthumb id="352665" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: September 10, 2013