Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge Tweets denial over “it’s not about England” comment
Its international week, so what we really needed was a good old fashioned club v country debate.
Daniel Sturridge is undoubtedly the man of the moment after scoring three goals in Liverpool’s opening three games of the Premier League season.
The former Chelsea and Manchester City striker has though missed the recent England matches against Moldova on Friday and Ukraine tonight due to a thigh injury.
He then gave an interview to Liverpool’s official website where Sturridge said the following: “I’m more worried about Liverpool and more worried about putting in good performances for us, us winning games and challenging for trophies. That’s my main ambition – it’s not about playing for England. That comes with doing the things you do for your club and if I don’t play well here, I won’t get the opportunity to do it there [World Cup finals].”
To which Sturridge then received abuse on his Twitter account and was forced to respond publicly, as can be seen below.
[gthumb id=”352665″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Find out which Liverpool player is the ultimate rap mastermind in hilarious videoSeptember 15, 2016
- Really? Arsenal were offered Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge on loan [Sun]September 1, 2016
- Liverpool fans love Jamie Carragher’s comment on Daniel Sturridge Instagram postAugust 30, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp warns Daniel Sturridge that he’s fallen down pecking order at Liverpool [Mirror]August 28, 2016
- Arsenal should start searching for a new manager as Arsene Wenger opens the door for EnglandSeptember 30, 2016
- The FA have spoken to Ralf Rangnick about becoming the new England boss [Tweets]September 29, 2016
- Gareth Southgate wants the England job on a permanent basis [Times]September 29, 2016
- Arsene Wenger briefly forgets who the England manager is after Arsenal win (Video)September 29, 2016
- EA Sports FIFA 17 snub Liverpool completely, double down on Everton [Instagram]September 30, 2016
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Mino Raiola explained to Nice why they shouldn’t sign Mario Balotelli from LiverpoolSeptember 29, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho handed lifeline by Jurgen Klopp with under-23 chanceSeptember 28, 2016