Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge Tweets denial over “it’s not about England” comment
- September 10, 2013
Its international week, so what we really needed was a good old fashioned club v country debate.
Daniel Sturridge is undoubtedly the man of the moment after scoring three goals in Liverpool’s opening three games of the Premier League season.
The former Chelsea and Manchester City striker has though missed the recent England matches against Moldova on Friday and Ukraine tonight due to a thigh injury.
He then gave an interview to Liverpool’s official website where Sturridge said the following: “I’m more worried about Liverpool and more worried about putting in good performances for us, us winning games and challenging for trophies. That’s my main ambition – it’s not about playing for England. That comes with doing the things you do for your club and if I don’t play well here, I won’t get the opportunity to do it there [World Cup finals].”
To which Sturridge then received abuse on his Twitter account and was forced to respond publicly, as can be seen below.
[gthumb id=”352665″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...