Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge Tweets denial over “it’s not about England” comment
- September 10, 2013
Its international week, so what we really needed was a good old fashioned club v country debate.
Daniel Sturridge is undoubtedly the man of the moment after scoring three goals in Liverpool’s opening three games of the Premier League season.
The former Chelsea and Manchester City striker has though missed the recent England matches against Moldova on Friday and Ukraine tonight due to a thigh injury.
He then gave an interview to Liverpool’s official website where Sturridge said the following: “I’m more worried about Liverpool and more worried about putting in good performances for us, us winning games and challenging for trophies. That’s my main ambition – it’s not about playing for England. That comes with doing the things you do for your club and if I don’t play well here, I won’t get the opportunity to do it there [World Cup finals].”
To which Sturridge then received abuse on his Twitter account and was forced to respond publicly, as can be seen below.
[gthumb id=”352665″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge uploads video of himself dribbling on road to injury...
- Daniel Sturridge clears up unfortunate Tweet that sounded like it was about You-Know-Who
- Fighting Fit: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge lays into a punchbag in workout [Video]
- Liverpool man Daniel Sturridge posts video working hard in training [Instagram]
- A Daniel Sturridge lookalike picks up girls while wearing a full Liverpool kit [Video]
- Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge turns up in Drake’s entourage in Toronto [Pict...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi