Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge Tweets denial over “it’s not about England” comment
Its international week, so what we really needed was a good old fashioned club v country debate.
Daniel Sturridge is undoubtedly the man of the moment after scoring three goals in Liverpool’s opening three games of the Premier League season.
The former Chelsea and Manchester City striker has though missed the recent England matches against Moldova on Friday and Ukraine tonight due to a thigh injury.
He then gave an interview to Liverpool’s official website where Sturridge said the following: “I’m more worried about Liverpool and more worried about putting in good performances for us, us winning games and challenging for trophies. That’s my main ambition – it’s not about playing for England. That comes with doing the things you do for your club and if I don’t play well here, I won’t get the opportunity to do it there [World Cup finals].”
To which Sturridge then received abuse on his Twitter account and was forced to respond publicly, as can be seen below.
[gthumb id=”352665″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes it clear Sturridge will remain at club [Mirror]December 2, 2016
- Mesut Ozil fails to recreates Daniel Sturridge’s Europa League Final goal (Video)December 1, 2016
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge posts heart-warming Steven Gerrard tribute [Instagram]November 25, 2016
- Roles reversed as Southampton hope to sign a Liverpool star [Express]November 23, 2016
- Gareth Southgate gives first interview as permanent England manager (Video)November 30, 2016
- Gareth Southgate has been offered the England job [Sun]November 24, 2016
- Wilfried Zaha set to switch to the Ivory Coast despite having played for England [BBC]November 22, 2016
- Gareth Southgate to be confirmed as England manager after three-hour interview [Telegraph]November 21, 2016
- Liverpool fans will love Dirk Kuyt’s story about the stick he took from Manchester United fans (Video)December 6, 2016
- Liverpool get injury boost ahead of West Ham match at AnfieldDecember 6, 2016
- Will he be fit for West Ham? Update on Liverpool’s Sadio ManeDecember 6, 2016
- Phil Coutinho wins POTY award, Jurgen Klopp accepts award & cracks jokes (video)December 6, 2016