Liverpool & Spurs sounded out as Swansea prepare to ditch Wilfried Bony’s £19m release clause [Mirror]
Swansea are preparing to get rid of the £19m release clause that’s proving an obstacle to selling Wilfried Bony, The Mirror claim.
The Swans have had significant interest for their Ivorian striker, but clubs have been turned off by the high asking price.
Faced with the prospect of missing out on a move to a bigger club, the Mirror report that the Welsh club will now relax the asking price at the behest of Bony, and have sounded out Liverpool and Spurs about the updated situation.
Swansea manager Gary Monk has tried to persuade the Ivorian to stay on, but Bony is set on moving, and with Liverpool and Spurs having shown an interest earlier in the summer, bids may now be in the offing.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes it clear Sturridge will remain at club [Mirror]December 2, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan claims life under Jurgen Klopp was a ‘disaster’December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man City v Chelsea & how to replace CoutinhoDecember 2, 2016
- Swansea’s Bob Bradley discusses living through the Port Said tragedy (BBC Audio)November 29, 2016
- Swansea’s players troll Crystal Palace in their locker room [Instagram]November 26, 2016
- Twitter reacts to Swansea’s crazy 5-4 win over Crystal Palace [Tweets]November 26, 2016
- Dean Saunders spoke too soon during Swansea 5 – Crystal Palace 4 (Video)November 26, 2016
- Massive fitness boost for Tottenham Hotspur as Alderweireld pictured trainingDecember 2, 2016
- Eljero Elia warned Man United flop Memphis to use Spurs as ‘stepping stone’December 2, 2016
- Done deal: Harry Kane agrees a mega new Tottenham contract with record wages (Video)December 1, 2016
- Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez makes fun of Tottenham over last season’s collapse (Video)November 30, 2016