- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Liverpool & Spurs join the race to loan Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu [Sport]
Catalan paper Sport have confirmed the news in some English papers: Liverpool and Tottenham have joined the race to loan one of the hottest young talents in Europe – Barcelona forward Gerard Deulofeu.
Currently starring in the Under-20 World Cup in Turkey, Deulofeu has banged in the goals for Barcelona B in recent seasons. In 2012/2013, the 19-year-old claimed 18 goals in 33 appearances.
Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova would prefer to loan Deulofeu out for a season due to the quality up front in the Barca first team and teams in La Liga and from the Bundesliga have expressed their interest.
Both Liverpool and Spurs are understood to have contacted Barcelona about signing Gerard Deulofeu on a season-long loan.
Deulofeu is keen to test himself in a competitive league such as the Premier League and Sport add that Tottenham may have an advantage due to their involvement in the Europa League next season.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas would play Deulofeu on the wing, as part of the 4-3-3 formation that many have tipped the Portuguese coach to employ next season.
Liverpool are also thought an attractive option as Deulofeu would be able to join up with new signing Luis Alberto who also played for Barcelona B last season.
Sport add that Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers tried to sign Deulofeu last season but the move was blocked by Barcelona.
Gerard Deulofeu will decide which club to join following Spain’s participation in the Under-20 World Cup. Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla are also keen on the young attacker.
- Updated: June 27, 2013