- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Liverpool sign Aly Cissokho, €1m loan deal, option to buy for €4.5m [Deporte Valenciano]
Its a transfer that has been rumoured over the past couple of days and on Saturday night Valencia-based newspaper Deporte Valenciano have confirmed Liverpool are closing in on the loan signing of Aly Cissokho.
The French left back joins Liverpool just hours after the 1-0 win over Stoke and will challenge Jose Enrique to a first team place under Brendan Rodgers.
Deporte Valenciano expect Cissokho to be unveiled by Liverpool tomorrow (on Sunday) just days after Spanish reports suggested he was close to signing for Sunderland.
Liverpool will pay one million euros for Cissokho for the season with a purchase option to buy of 4.5 million euros at the end of the campaign.
Valencia sources confirmed the above information to Deporte Valenciano minutes before Los Che played Malaga in their opening La Liga match of the season on Saturday night.
- Updated: August 17, 2013