Liverpool shut down as Swiss star Xherdan Shaqiri says he’s staying at Bayern Munich [Blick]
- June 8, 2014
Xherdan Shaqiri still isn’t going to Livepool, so it seems.
For a while now news reports, largely cooked up by the English tabloid press, have been suggesting that Xherdan Shaqiri could leave Bayern Munich for Liverpool.
According to the transfer rumour supporters, they claim that 22-year-old Shaqiri has fallen out of favour somewhat at the Allianz Arena, and with the likes of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Thomas Muller standing in his way, the Swiss star is being starved of playing opportunities in Bavaria.
So a £15m move to Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool is on, right? Wrong.
Swiss paper Blick caught up with Shaqiri over the weekend during his nation’s training before the World Cup, and the player told the paper he is staying put at his club side. As reported by Blick:
“We asked ‘Where will you play next season?’, and Shaqiri laughed and ended all transfer speculation: ‘Still at Bayern Munich!'”
Shaqiri announced himself to European football with Swiss side Basel, before moving to Bayern for €11.6m two seasons ago. He is under contract in Munich until 2016.
In an injury-hit season, Shaqiri has played 18 games for club and country this campaign scoring seven goals and claiming four assists.
- Thiago Alcantara receives and returns Xabi Alonso pass without letting it hit ground (V...
- Manuel Neuer plays keepy-uppy game with other Bayern Munich goalkeepers (Video)
- Bayern legend ‘pretty certain’ Pep Guardiola will leave in 2016, backs Jurg...
- Indecisive Pep Guardiola hints that he’ll leave Bayern Munich next year
- Douglas Costa nutmegged Arturo Vidal on the Chilean’s first day of Bayern Munich ...
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi