Liverpool shut down as Swiss star Xherdan Shaqiri says he’s staying at Bayern Munich [Blick]
- June 8, 2014
Xherdan Shaqiri still isn’t going to Livepool, so it seems.
For a while now news reports, largely cooked up by the English tabloid press, have been suggesting that Xherdan Shaqiri could leave Bayern Munich for Liverpool.
According to the transfer rumour supporters, they claim that 22-year-old Shaqiri has fallen out of favour somewhat at the Allianz Arena, and with the likes of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Thomas Muller standing in his way, the Swiss star is being starved of playing opportunities in Bavaria.
So a £15m move to Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool is on, right? Wrong.
Swiss paper Blick caught up with Shaqiri over the weekend during his nation’s training before the World Cup, and the player told the paper he is staying put at his club side. As reported by Blick:
“We asked ‘Where will you play next season?’, and Shaqiri laughed and ended all transfer speculation: ‘Still at Bayern Munich!'”
Shaqiri announced himself to European football with Swiss side Basel, before moving to Bayern for €11.6m two seasons ago. He is under contract in Munich until 2016.
In an injury-hit season, Shaqiri has played 18 games for club and country this campaign scoring seven goals and claiming four assists.
- Class: Bayern Munich to host training camps for refugees, offer meals & German cla...
- Thiago Alcantara publishes full documentary on year out with injury at Bayern (Video)
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola gets frustrated with Arturo Vidal’s positional awarenes...
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Douglas Costa pulled off a rainbow flick during Bayern Munich win v Leverkusen (officia...
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...