Liverpool shut down as Swiss star Xherdan Shaqiri says he’s staying at Bayern Munich [Blick]
Xherdan Shaqiri still isn’t going to Livepool, so it seems.
For a while now news reports, largely cooked up by the English tabloid press, have been suggesting that Xherdan Shaqiri could leave Bayern Munich for Liverpool.
According to the transfer rumour supporters, they claim that 22-year-old Shaqiri has fallen out of favour somewhat at the Allianz Arena, and with the likes of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Thomas Muller standing in his way, the Swiss star is being starved of playing opportunities in Bavaria.
So a £15m move to Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool is on, right? Wrong.
Swiss paper Blick caught up with Shaqiri over the weekend during his nation’s training before the World Cup, and the player told the paper he is staying put at his club side. As reported by Blick:
“We asked ‘Where will you play next season?’, and Shaqiri laughed and ended all transfer speculation: ‘Still at Bayern Munich!'”
Shaqiri announced himself to European football with Swiss side Basel, before moving to Bayern for €11.6m two seasons ago. He is under contract in Munich until 2016.
In an injury-hit season, Shaqiri has played 18 games for club and country this campaign scoring seven goals and claiming four assists.
Watch Live Stream
- Pep Guardiola apologised for not winning Champions League in Bayern farewell speech (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Confirmed: Mats Hummels signs on at Bayern until 2021 (Official Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Renato Sanches confirms he rejected Man United to sign for Bayern Munich [Quotes]May 23rd, 2016
- Bad news for Liverpool as Mario Gotze’s Bayern future becomes much clearer [Bild]May 23rd, 2016
- Redmen TV analyse Liverpool signing Mainz keeper Loris Karius (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- The Man United squad sang about Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard after FA Cup win (Videos)May 23rd, 2016
- Loris Karius to be unveiled as a Liverpool player on Wednesday [Allgemeine Zeitung]May 23rd, 2016
- Steven Gerrard set to quit LA Galaxy due to homesickness and take up Liverpool coaching role [Mir...May 22nd, 2016
- Xherdan Shaqiri looks sharp in Stoke training after his hamstring injury (Video)February 9th, 2016
- Stoke’s Xherdan Shaqiri tells a story painting Roberto Mancini’s Inter Milan as unpro...January 11th, 2016
- Charlie Adam may have just cost Stoke teammate Xherdan Shaqiri the Goal of the Season awardJanuary 1st, 2016
- Jack Butland reacts to claims from MOTD pundits that Shaqiri goal v Everton was a fluke [Tweet]December 29th, 2015