Liverpool set to bid for PSG defender Mamadou Sakho [L’Equipe]
French newspaper L’Equipe report on Sunday that Liverpool will make a move for PSG defender Mamadou Sakho this week.
Sakho is keen to leave PSG after falling behind Thiago Silva, Alex and Marquinhos in the battle for a central defender berth at the French champions.
The 23-year-old defender, considered one of France’s best young players, told PSG he wants to leave as he is eager for first team football to secure a World Cup spot in the Les Bleues squad next summer.
France coach Didier Deschamps has publicly declared that Sakho needs to be playing regularly to have a chance of going to Brazil 2014.
Liverpool have long been linked with Sakho who is tipped to potentially replace Daniel Agger, who has strongly been linked with Barcelona in recent weeks.
Brendan Rodgers is expected to lodge a 13 million euro bid for Sakho in the coming days with AC Milan and Monaco also interested in the commanding central defender.
Watch Live Stream
- Daniel Sturridge posts amusing video from Liverpool’s 3rd kit launchJuly 29, 2016
- Ovie Ejaria’s impressive individual highlights for Liverpool v Chelsea (Video)July 28, 2016
- Chelsea official Twitter attacked for outrageous Cesc Fabregas claim during Liverpool game [Tweets]July 28, 2016
- Liverpool fans make fun of Chelsea players in the mixed zone (Redmen TV Video)July 28, 2016
- Meunier at the double as PSG ease past Real Madrid 3-1 (Videos)July 28, 2016
- Blaise Matuidi linked to a variety of clubs including Man United & Chelsea [L’Equipe]July 26, 2016
- Linked to Man United, Blaise Matuidi is open to leaving PSG [Le Parisien]July 25, 2016
- PSG wonderkid Jean-Kévin Augustin sublime solo goal for France U19 in final v Italy (Video)July 24, 2016