Liverpool set to bid for PSG defender Mamadou Sakho [L’Equipe]
- August 11, 2013
French newspaper L’Equipe report on Sunday that Liverpool will make a move for PSG defender Mamadou Sakho this week.
Sakho is keen to leave PSG after falling behind Thiago Silva, Alex and Marquinhos in the battle for a central defender berth at the French champions.
The 23-year-old defender, considered one of France’s best young players, told PSG he wants to leave as he is eager for first team football to secure a World Cup spot in the Les Bleues squad next summer.
France coach Didier Deschamps has publicly declared that Sakho needs to be playing regularly to have a chance of going to Brazil 2014.
Liverpool have long been linked with Sakho who is tipped to potentially replace Daniel Agger, who has strongly been linked with Barcelona in recent weeks.
Brendan Rodgers is expected to lodge a 13 million euro bid for Sakho in the coming days with AC Milan and Monaco also interested in the commanding central defender.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]