- Amazing! Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli portrait painted with a football [Video]
- Golazo! Oxford United’s James Roberts (18) scores brilliant late winner v Plymouth [GIF]
- Busted! Blackpool’s Jacob Murphy sent this snapchat before their match v Rotherham [Picture]
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic killed a 500 pound moose with his first shot hunting in Sweden [Expressen]
- The best goals of 2014: Valencia CF [Official video]
Liverpool set to bid for PSG defender Mamadou Sakho [L'Equipe]
French newspaper L’Equipe report on Sunday that Liverpool will make a move for PSG defender Mamadou Sakho this week.
Sakho is keen to leave PSG after falling behind Thiago Silva, Alex and Marquinhos in the battle for a central defender berth at the French champions.
The 23-year-old defender, considered one of France’s best young players, told PSG he wants to leave as he is eager for first team football to secure a World Cup spot in the Les Bleues squad next summer.
France coach Didier Deschamps has publicly declared that Sakho needs to be playing regularly to have a chance of going to Brazil 2014.
Liverpool have long been linked with Sakho who is tipped to potentially replace Daniel Agger, who has strongly been linked with Barcelona in recent weeks.
Brendan Rodgers is expected to lodge a 13 million euro bid for Sakho in the coming days with AC Milan and Monaco also interested in the commanding central defender.
- Updated: August 11, 2013