Liverpool set to bid for PSG defender Mamadou Sakho [L’Equipe]
French newspaper L’Equipe report on Sunday that Liverpool will make a move for PSG defender Mamadou Sakho this week.
Sakho is keen to leave PSG after falling behind Thiago Silva, Alex and Marquinhos in the battle for a central defender berth at the French champions.
The 23-year-old defender, considered one of France’s best young players, told PSG he wants to leave as he is eager for first team football to secure a World Cup spot in the Les Bleues squad next summer.
France coach Didier Deschamps has publicly declared that Sakho needs to be playing regularly to have a chance of going to Brazil 2014.
Liverpool have long been linked with Sakho who is tipped to potentially replace Daniel Agger, who has strongly been linked with Barcelona in recent weeks.
Brendan Rodgers is expected to lodge a 13 million euro bid for Sakho in the coming days with AC Milan and Monaco also interested in the commanding central defender.
Watch Live Stream
- Sir Alex Ferguson praises Arsenal youngster; gives thoughts on title raceOctober 27, 2016
- 6.5ft 15-year-old Bury starlet Emeka Obi confirms he has signed for LiverpoolOctober 27, 2016
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher Trolls Jose Mourinho after Man United winOctober 27, 2016
- Liverpool’s predicted line-up for the Crystal Palace match (Videos)October 27, 2016
- Marco Verratti’s PSG troubles escalate as Marquinhos’s wife shows him smoking on SnapChatOctober 26, 2016
- After flopping at Man United, Angel Di Maria is having big problems at PSG [L’Equipe & Le Parisien]October 25, 2016
- Revealed: PSG agreed to pay Neymar’s €190m release clause but not his monster tax debt [L’Equipe]October 25, 2016
- PSG’s Marco Veratti strops after being substituted against Marseille (Video)October 24, 2016