- Scottish pundit Alan McInally accidentally swore live on Sky Sports News [Vine]
- Funny football moments – fails, bloopers featuring Messi, Ronaldo & Neymar [Video]
- Newcastle v Everton [Team Sheets]
- Man United’s Juan Mata: “White Hart Lane is always a difficult stadium”
- Cesc Fabregas booked for diving v Southampton, should have been a penalty
Liverpool set to announce £18m double signing of Daniel Sturridge & Tom Ince
Times journalist Rory Smith has announced on Twitter this evening, what many of the back pages in England will be leading with tomorrow: Liverpool’s double signing of Chelsea forward Daniel Sturridge and Blackpool winger Tom Ince.
The Times on Wednesday will confidently predict that deals for Sturridge and Ince are done, to be announced at the start of January by Liverpool, for a combined fee of 18 million pounds.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was heavily linked with Sturridge during the summer transfer window and has been desperate to provide Luis Suarez with some support up front after Fabio Borini picked up a serious injury.
Daniel Sturridge has barely played for Chelsea in 2012/2013, scoring one goal this season. The Blues are expected to move for a striker in January once the former Manchester City man has moved to Anfield.
Tom Ince was let go by Liverpool just 16 months ago for a compensation fee of £250,000, after 13 goals in the Championship, Liverpool are beleived to be paying around four million pounds for Paul Ince’s son.
A video compilation of Tom Ince goals and assists in 2012/2013 can be seen below.
- Updated: December 18, 2012