Liverpool & Roma tipped as most likely clubs to sign Ajax’s Christian Eriksen [Ekstra Bladet]
- July 12, 2013
Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet reports this Friday morning that the two most likely clubs to sign Christian Eriksen in the summer transfer window are Liverpool and Roma.
Eriksen has publicly acknowledged he is ready for a new challenge and with one year remaining on his Ajax deal, the 21-year-old is expected to leave Amsterdam in the coming weeks.
Ekstra Bladet believe it is a straight battle between Liverpool and Roma after Borussia Dortmund pulled out of the running after signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk.
Liverpool were also heavily linked with Mkhitaryan and are now expected to lodge a bid for Eriksen although Ajax are still to receive an official offer.
Roma see Eriksen as a potential replacement for Daniele De Rossi who is expected to join Chelsea in the coming days.
Brendan Rodgers may have to move quickly to sign Eriksen with the Danish playmaker also open to signing a new deal at Ajax this summer, if no one makes an offer.
In Ajax’s first pre-season match of 2013/2014, Eriksen scored two excellent free-kicks in a 3-0 win over Dynamo Dresden.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...