- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Liverpool resurrect €16m deal for Kyriakos Papadopoulos [Greek reports]
- July 30, 2013
Reports emerging from Greece suggest Liverpool have resurrected their deal to sign Schalke defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos.
Liverpool have been linked with the Greek central defender for months now but due to a serious knee injury have held back from making an official offer.
Papadopoulos took in Liverpool’s match at Fulham at the end of last season and is reportedly seen as the long term replacement for Jamie Carragher.
Schalke are understood to be willing to accept 16 million euros and Sport Day, a supposedly reliable Greek website suggest the fee has been agreed and both parties are simply waiting for the defender to return to fitness.
These reports emerged in Greece just as Martin Skrtel was linked with Napoli, and former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez whilst Dan Agger has been rumoured to be on the Barcelona central defender short list.
Papa, as he is known, has built up a reputation as a tough, uncompromising defender who is strong in the air and dominant in defensive and attacking positions.
Video evidence below.