Liverpool resurrect €16m deal for Kyriakos Papadopoulos [Greek reports]
- July 30, 2013
Reports emerging from Greece suggest Liverpool have resurrected their deal to sign Schalke defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos.
Liverpool have been linked with the Greek central defender for months now but due to a serious knee injury have held back from making an official offer.
Papadopoulos took in Liverpool’s match at Fulham at the end of last season and is reportedly seen as the long term replacement for Jamie Carragher.
Schalke are understood to be willing to accept 16 million euros and Sport Day, a supposedly reliable Greek website suggest the fee has been agreed and both parties are simply waiting for the defender to return to fitness.
These reports emerged in Greece just as Martin Skrtel was linked with Napoli, and former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez whilst Dan Agger has been rumoured to be on the Barcelona central defender short list.
Papa, as he is known, has built up a reputation as a tough, uncompromising defender who is strong in the air and dominant in defensive and attacking positions.
Video evidence below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...