- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti on possible Jan signings: ‘I like Christoph Kramer a lot’ [Video]
- 11 Premier League clubs charge for children to be mascots, West Ham £600 package highest [Guardian]
- Nice! Arturo Vidal scored a classy goal for Juventus against Cagliari [Vine & Video]
- Kevin Strootman to Manchester United is on after AS Roma exit from Champions League [ESPN]
Liverpool plan Wesley Sneijder bid according to at least 2 Sunday papers
Wesley Sneijder is swiftly becoming the most talked about player in the January 2013 transfer window and this is likely to continue in the coming days with the Dutch playmaker again linked with a move to Liverpool.
Both the Mail on Sunday and the Daily Star Sunday are set to report that Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will submit a bid for Sneijder.
Speaking from the stands during Inter’s win over Pescara on Saturday night, Sneijder said “I’m fine. It is a big decision I have to take, so I don’t think it will be made by Monday. There are still two weeks to go before the end of the transfer window, so there is time. I am relaxed and I’m considering my options.”
Whilst undoubtedly a player that could settle quickly into the Premier League, it is questionable whether Liverpool could pay the huge wages Sneijder is looking for and the reason he is leaving the San Siro.
Galatasaray are understood to have had a fee of 10 million euros accepted by Inter Milan which would be in Liverpool’s price range and fans of the Merseyside club would hope Sneijder will lower his personal demands to join a big club.
Inter president Massimo Moratti also said at the Pescara game he is “bored of the Sneijder saga and ask myself when it’s going to end. He has an alternative and we’ll see if he takes it, otherwise he’ll stay here.”
Are Liverpool in for Sneijder? It doesn’t seem likely after Brendan Rodgers talked of producing home grown players this week, but ahead of a crucial clash at Old Trafford, this story, which isn’t going away, will excite fans of the Merseyside giants.
Footage of Wesley Sneijder is below.
- Updated: January 12, 2013