Liverpool offer €20m + Suso for Sevilla left back Alberto Moreno [Marca]
- May 29, 2014
Spanish newspaper Marca have revealed late on Wednesday evening that Liverpool have made an offer to Sevilla for left back Alberto Moreno.
Despite a fine season from Jon Flanagan at left back, it appears Brendan Rodgers feels the Liverpool youngster is better suited on the right and has been linked with Sevilla defender Moreno for some time.
According to Marca, Liverpool have bid 20 million euros plus midfielder Suso to Sevilla in order to bring Moreno to Anfield.
Suso had spent the last season at Almeria in La Liga on loan from Liverpool and by all accounts was impressive for a 20-year-old, bagging three goals in 33 appearances.
The report in Marca suggests Suso would move to Sevilla on loan.
It appears that Sevilla are holding out for a bigger fee, having rejected a straight cash 14.5 million euro offer from Napoli this summer for Alberto Moreno.
In addition, Real Madrid and Chelsea are interested in signing Moreno.
Sevilla may also sit out the offer, in the hope Alberto Moreno makes Vicente Del Bosque’s final World Cup squad and impresses in Brazil where his price will increase.
Liverpool have history of doing deals with Sevilla, having signed Luis Alberto for 8.5 million euros last summer.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...