Liverpool offer €20m + Suso for Sevilla left back Alberto Moreno [Marca]
Spanish newspaper Marca have revealed late on Wednesday evening that Liverpool have made an offer to Sevilla for left back Alberto Moreno.
Despite a fine season from Jon Flanagan at left back, it appears Brendan Rodgers feels the Liverpool youngster is better suited on the right and has been linked with Sevilla defender Moreno for some time.
According to Marca, Liverpool have bid 20 million euros plus midfielder Suso to Sevilla in order to bring Moreno to Anfield.
Suso had spent the last season at Almeria in La Liga on loan from Liverpool and by all accounts was impressive for a 20-year-old, bagging three goals in 33 appearances.
The report in Marca suggests Suso would move to Sevilla on loan.
It appears that Sevilla are holding out for a bigger fee, having rejected a straight cash 14.5 million euro offer from Napoli this summer for Alberto Moreno.
In addition, Real Madrid and Chelsea are interested in signing Moreno.
Sevilla may also sit out the offer, in the hope Alberto Moreno makes Vicente Del Bosque’s final World Cup squad and impresses in Brazil where his price will increase.
Liverpool have history of doing deals with Sevilla, having signed Luis Alberto for 8.5 million euros last summer.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp admits that Simon Mignolet isn’t happy with his current situation (Video)October 24, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Mad Stat: Sevilla’s Samir Nasri is turning into Barcelona’s XaviOctober 19, 2016
- Unbelievable Stat: Sevilla made history last weekend in SpainOctober 18, 2016
- Samir Nasri arrives in Sevilla ahead of a loan move from Manchester City [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Man City’s Samir Nasri plans to reject Besiktas & move to Spain instead [L’Equipe]August 30, 2016