- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Liverpool & Monaco are chasing €30m Mario Balotelli, AC Milan put him up for sale [Corriere dello Sport]
Surely Liverpool are not going to replace Luis Suarez with Mario Balotelli?
Corriere dello Sport, the Italian paper, have story on the front page of their Thursday paper saying that Azzurri bad-boy Mario Balotelli has been placed up for sale by AC Milan.
The headline comes after weeks of speculation suggesting that Super Mario, who struggled to make an impact for Italy at the World Cup, is set to leave Serie A.
While, several weeks ago, Arsenal were rumoured to be leading the pack for Balotelli, the Gunners, most likely after Arsene Wenger personally rubbished the rumour on beIN Sports, are now out of the Balotelli picture. Instead, Corriere dello Sport list Monaco and Liverpool with the former Man City forward.
Of course, placing Liverpool and Monaco is the supposed shop window makes sense it the wider transfer narrative on the continent at present, with both clubs set to lose their star forward to Barceloan and Real Madrid respectively, if the whispers are true.
AC Milan are demanding €30m for Balotelli, while agent Mino Raiola has given a mandate to sell his client by the Rossoneri.
PSG’s Ezequiel Lavezzi is named as a potential replacement for Balotelli at Milan.
A copy of the front page of Corriere dello Spor, with the Balotelli story place halfway down on the right hand side, can be seen below.
- Updated: July 3, 2014