Liverpool & Monaco are chasing €30m Mario Balotelli, AC Milan put him up for sale [Corriere dello Sport]
Surely Liverpool are not going to replace Luis Suarez with Mario Balotelli?
Corriere dello Sport, the Italian paper, have story on the front page of their Thursday paper saying that Azzurri bad-boy Mario Balotelli has been placed up for sale by AC Milan.
The headline comes after weeks of speculation suggesting that Super Mario, who struggled to make an impact for Italy at the World Cup, is set to leave Serie A.
While, several weeks ago, Arsenal were rumoured to be leading the pack for Balotelli, the Gunners, most likely after Arsene Wenger personally rubbished the rumour on beIN Sports, are now out of the Balotelli picture. Instead, Corriere dello Sport list Monaco and Liverpool with the former Man City forward.
Of course, placing Liverpool and Monaco is the supposed shop window makes sense it the wider transfer narrative on the continent at present, with both clubs set to lose their star forward to Barceloan and Real Madrid respectively, if the whispers are true.
AC Milan are demanding €30m for Balotelli, while agent Mino Raiola has given a mandate to sell his client by the Rossoneri.
PSG’s Ezequiel Lavezzi is named as a potential replacement for Balotelli at Milan.
A copy of the front page of Corriere dello Spor, with the Balotelli story place halfway down on the right hand side, can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Done Deal: AC Milan sign a Chelsea midfielder on loanAugust 27, 2016
- AC Milan confirm rejection of huge Chelsea offer for Alessio Romagnoli [Official Statement]August 25, 2016
- Chelsea starlet Mario Pasalic to join AC Milan on season long-loan for €1m [Di Marzio]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea up their offer for AC Milan’s Alessio Romagnoli [RMC Sport]August 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp trolls Geoff Shreeves after Spurs 1 – Liverpool 1 (Video)August 27, 2016
- James Milner penalty cancelled out by Rose equaliser: Spurs 1 – Liverpool 1 (Official Videos)August 27, 2016
- Coutinho Starts: Tottenham v Liverpool [Team Sheets]August 27, 2016
- Liverpool make £11m bid for Borussia Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic [Tony Barrett]August 26, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Mario Balotelli tipped to leave Liverpool to move to Ligue 1 [France Football]August 24, 2016
- Palermo fans display banner begging club to sign Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli [Picture]August 23, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho held a meeting with Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli [Calcio Mercato]August 17, 2016