Liverpool & Monaco are chasing €30m Mario Balotelli, AC Milan put him up for sale [Corriere dello Sport]
Surely Liverpool are not going to replace Luis Suarez with Mario Balotelli?
Corriere dello Sport, the Italian paper, have story on the front page of their Thursday paper saying that Azzurri bad-boy Mario Balotelli has been placed up for sale by AC Milan.
The headline comes after weeks of speculation suggesting that Super Mario, who struggled to make an impact for Italy at the World Cup, is set to leave Serie A.
While, several weeks ago, Arsenal were rumoured to be leading the pack for Balotelli, the Gunners, most likely after Arsene Wenger personally rubbished the rumour on beIN Sports, are now out of the Balotelli picture. Instead, Corriere dello Sport list Monaco and Liverpool with the former Man City forward.
Of course, placing Liverpool and Monaco is the supposed shop window makes sense it the wider transfer narrative on the continent at present, with both clubs set to lose their star forward to Barceloan and Real Madrid respectively, if the whispers are true.
AC Milan are demanding €30m for Balotelli, while agent Mino Raiola has given a mandate to sell his client by the Rossoneri.
PSG’s Ezequiel Lavezzi is named as a potential replacement for Balotelli at Milan.
A copy of the front page of Corriere dello Spor, with the Balotelli story place halfway down on the right hand side, can be seen below.
- Napoli destroy Milan with Lorenzo Insigne cracker after one-two with Gonzalo Higuain (V...
- Jaap Stam’s dream team is packed with Manchester United and Milan legends (Video)
- David Beckham thinks Wayne Rooney is playing well for Man United, tips AC Milan to win ...
- David Beckham puts loyalty before reality with ridiculous UCL prediction (Quotes)
- Jamie Carragher explains why he’d like Jurgen Klopp to be new Liverpool boss (Video)
- Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness speak about Brendan Rodgers being sacked (Video)
- Betting on Jurgen Klopp becoming the new Liverpool boss has been suspended (Tweets)
- Thierry Henry’s reaction to Brendan Rodgers getting sacked was pure TV gold (Vine)
- Skills: Liverpool loanee Mario Balotelli produced a glorious rabona through ball for AC...
- Mario Balotelli liked an Instagram post which trolled Liverpool’s Brendan Rodgers...
- Sir Alex Ferguson was talked out of bringing Mario Balotelli to Man United in 2010 (Quo...
- AC Milan manager Sinisa Mihajlovic gave Mario Balotelli a little kick last night (Video)