- Lazio want to swap Ogenyi Onazi for Liverpool’s Fabio Borini [Tutto Mercato Web]
- Manchester City offer Atletico Madrid €42m for Mario Mandzukic [Cope]
- Back Man United at an enhanced price of 5/1 to win at Spurs!!!!!
- Dom Solanke ended 2014 with a double as Chelsea’s U21s beat Norwich 5-0 [Videos]
- Incredible Offer! Back Newcastle to beat Everton at 11/2 on Sunday!!!!
Liverpool MD Ian Ayre cancels Rio trip to complete move for Henrikh Mkhitaryan [Bloomberg]
It isn’t often that financial news website Bloomberg get involved in the murky world of football transfer gossip, but they have this Saturday evening.
They claim Liverpool Managing Director Ian Ayre has cancelled a trip to Rio to speak at a conference to discuss economic opportunities for soccer so that he can try and complete a deal for highly-rated Armenian attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Bloomberg suggest Henrikh Mkhitaryan would cost Liverpool 20 million pounds and it would be some coup for Brendan Rodgers after the Armenian has been hugely impressive for Shakhtar Donetsk in recent seasons.
Mkhitaryan scored 25 goals in 29 appearances for the Ukranian champions in 2012/2013 and was also part of the Armenia side that stunned Denmark 4-0 in midweek in World Cup qualifying.
Although Liverpool look set to lose start striker Luis Suarez, who has again voiced his unhappiness at Anfield this weekend, they have moved quickly to sign Kolo Toure and Iago Aspas.
Liverpool are also reportedly closing in on the signings of Simon Mignolet (Sunderland) and Luis Alberto (Sevilla).
- Updated: June 15, 2013