Liverpool match Borussia Dortmund’s offer for Henrikh Mkhitaryan [Sky Germany]
- July 6, 2013
The on-off transfer of Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk has been shrouded in mystery over recent weeks and it looks likely that the next few days will also see plenty of conjecture as well.
On Friday, it seemed that the long-term Liverpool target was heading to Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund who had reportedly agreed a fee with Shakhtar and flown to the Ukraine to seal the deal.
So much so, that Bild described Mkhitaryan as the “Armenian Mario Gotze” and Liverpool fans started to look for other targets that could provide a goal threat from midfield.
However, Shakhtar Donetsk chief executive Sergei Palkin denied any agreement with Dortmund for Mkhitaryan on Saturday saying: “Borussia have offered us €25 million – to us, this is not enough, but we are talking to the German club. There is a possibility that we will come to an agreement in the near future.”
On Saturday evening, Sky Germany suggested Liverpool had matched Borussia Dortmund’s offer of 25 million euros and it could well be up to the player or his advisers to decide which club to join.
- Borussia Dortmund win pre-season exhibition 17-0 [Video Highlights]
- Ilkay Gundogan scored a beauty in Dortmund’s 5-0 pre-season win over VFL Rhede [H...
- Man United fans react to Ilkay Gundogan’s decision to sign on at Borussia Dortmun...
- Borussia Dortmund release 2015/2016 home kit with video ft. Reus & Kagawa
- The top 5 goals of Arsenal target Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in 2014-15 [Official Video]
- Arsenal prepare €40m offer for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Chelsea also keen [Bild]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi