Liverpool match Borussia Dortmund’s offer for Henrikh Mkhitaryan [Sky Germany]
- July 6, 2013
The on-off transfer of Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk has been shrouded in mystery over recent weeks and it looks likely that the next few days will also see plenty of conjecture as well.
On Friday, it seemed that the long-term Liverpool target was heading to Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund who had reportedly agreed a fee with Shakhtar and flown to the Ukraine to seal the deal.
So much so, that Bild described Mkhitaryan as the “Armenian Mario Gotze” and Liverpool fans started to look for other targets that could provide a goal threat from midfield.
However, Shakhtar Donetsk chief executive Sergei Palkin denied any agreement with Dortmund for Mkhitaryan on Saturday saying: “Borussia have offered us €25 million – to us, this is not enough, but we are talking to the German club. There is a possibility that we will come to an agreement in the near future.”
On Saturday evening, Sky Germany suggested Liverpool had matched Borussia Dortmund’s offer of 25 million euros and it could well be up to the player or his advisers to decide which club to join.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...