Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers stuck Justice 96 campaigner’s inspirational words on dressing room wall at Norwich
- April 20, 2014
Brendan Rodgers felt inspired by the Hillsborough Memorial service last Monday, at which he gave a special reading and speech.
After the win over Norwich today, the Liverpool manager revealed how he used the words of of Hillsborough campaigner Margaret Aspinall to inspire his players to do it for the fans and people of Liverpool.
We had the memorial service this week, marking 25 years since the disaster, which was really touching . We used words from Margaret Aspinall, where she said, ‘Stress is difficult but also good because it gives you a determination to fight’.
“Before the game we stuck those words on the wall. This is a club that is at one with those who fought to achieve their ultimate goal.”
Yet another stroke of inspired genius from the Northern Irishman.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...