Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers stuck Justice 96 campaigner’s inspirational words on dressing room wall at Norwich
- April 20, 2014
Brendan Rodgers felt inspired by the Hillsborough Memorial service last Monday, at which he gave a special reading and speech.
After the win over Norwich today, the Liverpool manager revealed how he used the words of of Hillsborough campaigner Margaret Aspinall to inspire his players to do it for the fans and people of Liverpool.
We had the memorial service this week, marking 25 years since the disaster, which was really touching . We used words from Margaret Aspinall, where she said, ‘Stress is difficult but also good because it gives you a determination to fight’.
“Before the game we stuck those words on the wall. This is a club that is at one with those who fought to achieve their ultimate goal.”
Yet another stroke of inspired genius from the Northern Irishman.
- ‘Excellent Decision': Brendan Rodgers claims that Benteke’s goal v Bournemo...
- Liverpool have £15million bid accepted for Borussia Dortmund star Henrikh Mkhitaryan [I...
- Jose Mourinho: Rui Faria could be a manager tomorrow, rates him higher than Liverpool...
- Lucas Leiva set to leave Liverpool after being left out of squad to face Stoke [Guardian]
- Brendan Rodgers starts post-match presser with classic Stoke cliche (Video)
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers praises Coutinho after 1-0 win over Stoke (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...