Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers stuck Justice 96 campaigner’s inspirational words on dressing room wall at Norwich
- April 20, 2014
Brendan Rodgers felt inspired by the Hillsborough Memorial service last Monday, at which he gave a special reading and speech.
After the win over Norwich today, the Liverpool manager revealed how he used the words of of Hillsborough campaigner Margaret Aspinall to inspire his players to do it for the fans and people of Liverpool.
We had the memorial service this week, marking 25 years since the disaster, which was really touching . We used words from Margaret Aspinall, where she said, ‘Stress is difficult but also good because it gives you a determination to fight’.
“Before the game we stuck those words on the wall. This is a club that is at one with those who fought to achieve their ultimate goal.”
Yet another stroke of inspired genius from the Northern Irishman.
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers talks to LFC TV about new signings and Premier League pr...
- Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool ‘put everything’ into Raheem Sterling’...
- Adam Lallana admits goal v Brisbane was a fluke; Rodgers’ management speak rubbin...
- Liverpool boss praises Nathaniel Clyne & Joe Gomez after Brisbane Roar win [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers excited by ‘top class’ Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers admits he was a reason behind Raheem Sterling’s departure [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi