Liverpool make a brand new January signing: Dunkin’ Donuts [Tweets]
- January 16, 2014
Liverpool FC have signed a brand new deal on Thursday, agreeing a partnership with American junk food brand Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc.
Liverpool’s official website report:
Liverpool Football Club and Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. today announced a multi-year partnership, which sees the iconic American brand break into the Barclays Premier League.
“We’re delighted to be joining forces with Dunkin’ Brands, one of the world’s most iconic names. Dunkin’ Donuts will be our official coffee, tea and bakery provider, and Baskin-Robbins will be our official ice cream provider – we welcome both to the LFC family,” said Billy Hogan, chief commercial officer at Liverpool FC.
The new of the commercial deal immediately provoked joke makers into action, and a series of the best tweets are below.
After Liverpool announce donut sponsor,ex-LFC medical chief @PeterBrukner tweets link to piece warning about sugar, heart disease & diabetes
— Rob Harris (@RobHarris) January 16, 2014
DUNKIN' DONUTS HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Just don't let De Gea anywhere near Liverpool.
— Bizić (@wingeur) January 16, 2014
Dunkin' Donuts. Or as Brendan Rodgers calls them: inverted doughy zero-and-a-halves.
— Tom Adams (@tomEurosport) January 16, 2014
BREAKING: Liverpool announce official partnership with Dunkin Donuts. Jokewriters pass out in calorie-plagued excitement.
— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) January 16, 2014
Liverpool have signed a new sponsorship deal with Dunkin' Donuts. The advertising possibilities are endless! pic.twitter.com/rp0uWr2KSt
— TheSPORTBible (@TSBible) January 16, 2014
@MirrorFootball something something Luis Suarez something something bite something donut. Do I win?
— Dan Silver (@DanSilverMirror) January 16, 2014
— SportlobsterFootball (@Football_SL) January 16, 2014
@RobHarris they must have seen a hole in the market.
— James Fielden (@James_Fielden) January 16, 2014
— Sid Lowe (@sidlowe) January 16, 2014
£100,000-a-week, five year deal and a lifetime's supply of Dunkin Donuts. Brazilian Ronaldo comes out of retirement…
— John Cross (@johncrossmirror) January 16, 2014
Liverpool fans take to the street to celebrate new Dunkin' Donuts sponsorship deal. pic.twitter.com/uORYEWZLcJ
— Lord David Moyes (@LordDavidMoyes) January 16, 2014
- Liverpool’s Jose Enrique deletes Twitter & Instagram accounts to focus on fo...
- Liverpool defender Jose Enrique closing in on a move to West Brom [Sky Sports]
- Zlatan & Neymar move to Man United, Chelsea get confused trying to land Stones (44...
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool announce signing of Taiwo Awoniyi, immediately send him on loan to Frankfurt
- Man United target Anthony Martial likes playing FIFA with Liverpool [Tweets]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...