- Manchester United’s Daley Blind thanks fans for injury encouragement via Instagram
- Bacary Sagna: ‘I joined Manchester City because Arsenal couldn’t win trophies’ [Sun]
- Glen Johnson rejects new Liverpool offer, agrees to join Roma in January [Metro]
- Adebayor denies evicting his mother over Juju: ‘I’m not a pastor, I cannot point out a witch’ [Audio]
- ‘Why not?’ Nani open to Manchester United return after Sporting loan [Video]
Liverpool make £16.2m (€20m) offer for Sevilla full-back Alberto Moreno [Guardian]
With Rickie Lambert’s signature wrapped up this evening, Liverpool certainly aren’t resting on their laurels in the transfer window.
The Reds have followed up the Lambert announcement by making a formal offer worth €20m with Sevilla for their 21-year old left full back Alberto Moreno.
Moreno, who has 2 Spain caps, starred for the Andalusians this season in their Europa League run, and the Guardian report that Liverpool have beaten all-comers by being first to lodge a bid for the highly rated youngster.
The Guardian add that Suso has been offered as a makeweight in the deal, who’s been on loan at Almeria.
Though Jon Flanagan excelled at left-back for Liverpool last season, and indeed represents the club’s future, the Guardian believe Moreno’s signature would allow Flanagan to play on his more natural right side…where Glen Johnson plays.
- Updated: May 29, 2014