Liverpool make £16.2m (€20m) offer for Sevilla full-back Alberto Moreno [Guardian]
With Rickie Lambert’s signature wrapped up this evening, Liverpool certainly aren’t resting on their laurels in the transfer window.
The Reds have followed up the Lambert announcement by making a formal offer worth €20m with Sevilla for their 21-year old left full back Alberto Moreno.
Moreno, who has 2 Spain caps, starred for the Andalusians this season in their Europa League run, and the Guardian report that Liverpool have beaten all-comers by being first to lodge a bid for the highly rated youngster.
The Guardian add that Suso has been offered as a makeweight in the deal, who’s been on loan at Almeria.
Though Jon Flanagan excelled at left-back for Liverpool last season, and indeed represents the club’s future, the Guardian believe Moreno’s signature would allow Flanagan to play on his more natural right side…where Glen Johnson plays.
Watch Live Stream
- Spurs fans Trolled Liverpool’s Alberto Moreno during EFL Cup tie (Video)October 26, 2016
- Mamadou Sakho ‘walks alone’ at Liverpool, exit plans revealed [L’Equipe]October 26, 2016
- Liverpool target Alexander Isak hires an agent with close ties to Chelsea’s Roman Abramovich [Expressen]October 26, 2016
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge is the same as Arsenal’s Theo Walcott (BBC Audio)October 26, 2016
- Mad Stat: Sevilla’s Samir Nasri is turning into Barcelona’s XaviOctober 19, 2016
- Unbelievable Stat: Sevilla made history last weekend in SpainOctober 18, 2016
- Samir Nasri arrives in Sevilla ahead of a loan move from Manchester City [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Man City’s Samir Nasri plans to reject Besiktas & move to Spain instead [L’Equipe]August 30, 2016