Liverpool make £16.2m (€20m) offer for Sevilla full-back Alberto Moreno [Guardian]
With Rickie Lambert’s signature wrapped up this evening, Liverpool certainly aren’t resting on their laurels in the transfer window.
The Reds have followed up the Lambert announcement by making a formal offer worth €20m with Sevilla for their 21-year old left full back Alberto Moreno.
Moreno, who has 2 Spain caps, starred for the Andalusians this season in their Europa League run, and the Guardian report that Liverpool have beaten all-comers by being first to lodge a bid for the highly rated youngster.
The Guardian add that Suso has been offered as a makeweight in the deal, who’s been on loan at Almeria.
Though Jon Flanagan excelled at left-back for Liverpool last season, and indeed represents the club’s future, the Guardian believe Moreno’s signature would allow Flanagan to play on his more natural right side…where Glen Johnson plays.
Watch Live Stream
- Danny Ings scores a fine diving header for Liverpool U23s v Sunderland (Video)September 25, 2016
- Looks like Liverpool keeper Loris Karius takes after Bayern Munich’s Manuel NeuerSeptember 25, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will be a special pundit on Monday Night FootballSeptember 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016
- Samir Nasri arrives in Sevilla ahead of a loan move from Manchester City [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Man City’s Samir Nasri plans to reject Besiktas & move to Spain instead [L’Equipe]August 30, 2016
- 10 goal thriller: Sevilla beat Espanyol 6-4 (Official video)August 21, 2016
- Barcelona’s Jordi Alba filmed betting Pique €20 that Claudio Bravo would save penalty v Sevilla (Video)August 19, 2016