Liverpool make £16.2m (€20m) offer for Sevilla full-back Alberto Moreno [Guardian]
With Rickie Lambert’s signature wrapped up this evening, Liverpool certainly aren’t resting on their laurels in the transfer window.
The Reds have followed up the Lambert announcement by making a formal offer worth €20m with Sevilla for their 21-year old left full back Alberto Moreno.
Moreno, who has 2 Spain caps, starred for the Andalusians this season in their Europa League run, and the Guardian report that Liverpool have beaten all-comers by being first to lodge a bid for the highly rated youngster.
The Guardian add that Suso has been offered as a makeweight in the deal, who’s been on loan at Almeria.
Though Jon Flanagan excelled at left-back for Liverpool last season, and indeed represents the club’s future, the Guardian believe Moreno’s signature would allow Flanagan to play on his more natural right side…where Glen Johnson plays.
- Kenny Dalglish tells Liverpool fans to ‘fasten their seatbelts’ for the Jur...
- The Twitter response to Jurgen Klopp’s appointment was record-breaking (Graphic)
- Jurgen Klopp arrives in Liverpool in Matze Knop’s wonderfully eccentric skit (Video)
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers
- Sevilla star Yehven Konoplyanka mocks ‘less technical’ Premier League (Quotes)
- Sevilla’s Yehven Konoplyanka hit a wonderful late free kick to beat Rayo Vallecan...
- Ba-Muaka Simakala (Monchengladbach) scores overhead vs Sevilla in UEFA Youth League (Vi...
- A Real Madrid youth keeper concedes a shocker after 21 seconds v Sevilla (Video)