Liverpool make £16.2m (€20m) offer for Sevilla full-back Alberto Moreno [Guardian]
- May 29, 2014
With Rickie Lambert’s signature wrapped up this evening, Liverpool certainly aren’t resting on their laurels in the transfer window.
The Reds have followed up the Lambert announcement by making a formal offer worth €20m with Sevilla for their 21-year old left full back Alberto Moreno.
Moreno, who has 2 Spain caps, starred for the Andalusians this season in their Europa League run, and the Guardian report that Liverpool have beaten all-comers by being first to lodge a bid for the highly rated youngster.
The Guardian add that Suso has been offered as a makeweight in the deal, who’s been on loan at Almeria.
Though Jon Flanagan excelled at left-back for Liverpool last season, and indeed represents the club’s future, the Guardian believe Moreno’s signature would allow Flanagan to play on his more natural right side…where Glen Johnson plays.
- Brendan Rodgers wants Barça’s Pedro to replace Raheem Sterling at Liverpool [SPORT]
- NBA star Lebron James backs Jordan Henderson’s FIFA 16 cover campaign on Facebook
- Bobby Adekanye confirms he has signed for Liverpool from Barcelona on Instagram
- The best reactions to the bogus rumour that Liverpool may sell Mario Balotelli to Stoke...
- Steven Gerrard is told he’s nicer than David Beckham as he’s hounded by pap...
- Fighting Fit: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge lays into a punchbag in workout [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi