Liverpool look to have bagged a steal in Philippe Coutinho (Video Evidence)
- January 26, 2013
The big transfer news on Saturday, with just days to go in the January transfer window, appears to be Liverpool’s capture of Inter Milan forward Philippe Coutinho.
A fee of anywhere between 8.5 million and 11 million pounds has been mooted, even at the latter price it would appear Liverpool have bagged a very exciting young player.
Reports from Italy suggest both Wesley Sneijder and Coutinho have been offloaded by Inter Milan to secure the signing of highly-rated midfielder Paulinho from Corinthians.
If true, one can understand the thinking of the Nerazzurri but Liverpool look to have taken full advantage as Southampton’s late interest proved.
Coutinho was rated as one of the hottest prospects in Brazil when he came through the ranks at Vasco da Gama. A subsequent move to Inter Milan and loan spell to Espanyol, has not diminished the liklehood that the 20-year-old will become an important player at Anfield.
The main problem has been injuries and regular playing time that could arguably said to have stunted Coutinho’s progression but these both could be solved by Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and his coaching staff.
A left forward position seems most likely for Coutinho and he is best at dribbling and taking on his man. He should bring plenty of Samba magic to Liverpool and his speed will likely impress in the Premier League.
As has been suggested above, the Liverpool medical department may well though have their work cut out to make sure Coutinho plays enough. As it stands this season he has played 308 minutes of football, scoring 1 goal.
Video evidence of Philippe Coutinho is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...