- Bolton boss Neil Lennon explains signing Emile Heskey, may play on Boxing Day v Blackburn [Audio]
- Union Berlin hosts 27,500 fans singing Christmas carols in their stadium [Video]
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
Liverpool look to add depth to attack by recruiting free agent Samuel Eto’o [Back Pages]
Liverpool have identified an interesting target to bolster their attack, according to tomorrow’s edition of The Star as well as The Mirror.
Brendan Rodgers is reportedly thinking of recruiting free agent Samuel Eto’o with the veteran striker keen to continue playing at the highest level.
Since the departure of Luis Suarez, as well as Iago Aspas among others, Liverpool have looked a little short of options up front.
And while they have a potential hitman in Daniel Sturridge, not to mention the considerable talents of Rickie Lambert, Rodgers wants to add proven goalscorers to his ranks and few come with a better record than Eto’o, the striker scoring 12 goals in all competitions for Chelsea last season.
- Updated: August 11, 2014