- Szczesny starts, Giroud on the bench: Reading v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Jamie Carragher heaps praise on Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers [Video]
- Arsenal’s defensive midfield wall Francis Coquelin previewsCup semi-final v Reading [Video]
- Arsenal’s Danny Welbeck talks about his new role playing on the wing [Video]
- Luis Suarez gives Barcelona first minute lead v Valencia [Video]
Liverpool look to add depth to attack by recruiting free agent Samuel Eto’o [Back Pages]
- August 11, 2014
Liverpool have identified an interesting target to bolster their attack, according to tomorrow’s edition of The Star as well as The Mirror.
Brendan Rodgers is reportedly thinking of recruiting free agent Samuel Eto’o with the veteran striker keen to continue playing at the highest level.
Since the departure of Luis Suarez, as well as Iago Aspas among others, Liverpool have looked a little short of options up front.
And while they have a potential hitman in Daniel Sturridge, not to mention the considerable talents of Rickie Lambert, Rodgers wants to add proven goalscorers to his ranks and few come with a better record than Eto’o, the striker scoring 12 goals in all competitions for Chelsea last season.