Liverpool lock sights on Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira after he issues quit threat [Record]
The front page of Portuguese paper Record on Monday have a transfer rumour involving Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool.
In something of a bolt out the blue, Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira is all of a sudden linked with a move to Anfield this summer.
Pereira, 30, who was red carded in Uruguay’s opening World Cup match against Costa Rica, has supplied quotes to the paper saying “I do not know if I will continue” at Benfica come the start of next season.
Record, who unfortunately have a paywall on their website shielding most of the details of the transfer story, note that Liverpool have ‘winked’ in Pereira’s direction, suggesting the Reds will make a move for the defender whose contract expires with Benfica in June 2015.
See a copy of the front page of Record on Monday linking Maxi Pereira with Liverpool below.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United confirmed to be in the driving seat to sign Benfica defender Victor Lindelof [Fotbollskanalen]November 29, 2016
- Another Swede tipped to join Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Man United [O Jogo]November 27, 2016
- Unreal: Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas) bags amazing 89th minute rabona assist v Benfica (Video)November 23, 2016
- Benfica’s Gedson Fernandes scores from the halfway line v Besiktas (video)November 23, 2016
- Liverpool & Spurs eyeing January move for Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez [Mirror]December 9, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp leaps to the defence of Loris Karius after Bournemouth defeat (Video)December 9, 2016
- Gary Neville responds to Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius on InstagramDecember 9, 2016
- Nominees for inaugural FIFA Fan Award announced: Liverpool and Iceland supporters includedDecember 9, 2016