Liverpool lock sights on Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira after he issues quit threat [Record]
The front page of Portuguese paper Record on Monday have a transfer rumour involving Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool.
In something of a bolt out the blue, Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira is all of a sudden linked with a move to Anfield this summer.
Pereira, 30, who was red carded in Uruguay’s opening World Cup match against Costa Rica, has supplied quotes to the paper saying “I do not know if I will continue” at Benfica come the start of next season.
Record, who unfortunately have a paywall on their website shielding most of the details of the transfer story, note that Liverpool have ‘winked’ in Pereira’s direction, suggesting the Reds will make a move for the defender whose contract expires with Benfica in June 2015.
See a copy of the front page of Record on Monday linking Maxi Pereira with Liverpool below.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola went undercover to watch Benfica’s Alex GrimaldoSeptember 21, 2016
- Benfica v Braga: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-19September 16, 2016
- Anderson Talisca’s wife Anna Paula Ramos reveals racist abuse from Benfica fansSeptember 14, 2016
- Ricardo Quaresma and Besiktas were ecstatic to get Benfica in the UCL draw [Instagram]August 26, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will be a special pundit on Monday Night FootballSeptember 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp reacts to Mamadou Sakho’s SnapChat updates (Video)September 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool’s first half was one of the best v Hull (Video)September 24, 2016