Liverpool lock sights on Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira after he issues quit threat [Record]
- June 30, 2014
The front page of Portuguese paper Record on Monday have a transfer rumour involving Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool.
In something of a bolt out the blue, Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira is all of a sudden linked with a move to Anfield this summer.
Pereira, 30, who was red carded in Uruguay’s opening World Cup match against Costa Rica, has supplied quotes to the paper saying “I do not know if I will continue” at Benfica come the start of next season.
Record, who unfortunately have a paywall on their website shielding most of the details of the transfer story, note that Liverpool have ‘winked’ in Pereira’s direction, suggesting the Reds will make a move for the defender whose contract expires with Benfica in June 2015.
See a copy of the front page of Record on Monday linking Maxi Pereira with Liverpool below.
- Man United target Nico Gaitan will have his Benfica future decided this week, club expe...
- Atletico Madrid close in on Manchester United target Nicolas Gaitan [Record]
- Liverpool fans aren’t happy with reports Lazar Markovic may be going back to Benf...
- Manchester United agree terms with Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan [Sky Italia]
- Shocking: Benfica boss Jorge Jesus is taking over at Sporting Lisbon [Portuguese Papers...
- Man United to seal Nico Gaitan’s signing from Benfica by selling Angel di Maria [...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi