- Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri allowed to leave Bayern Munich in January for £10m [Blick]
- Enhanced Odds! Back runaway Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich to beat Mainz at 11/4!!!
- Classic! Man City’s James Milner incredibly boring interview responses from 2004
- Bournemouth 1 – Liverpool 3: Reds set up Chelsea semifinal as Sterling shines [Official highlights]
- Incredible Barcelona-esque tiki taka football produced by Thailand against Malaysia [Video]
Liverpool lock sights on Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira after he issues quit threat [Record]
The front page of Portuguese paper Record on Monday have a transfer rumour involving Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool.
In something of a bolt out the blue, Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira is all of a sudden linked with a move to Anfield this summer.
Pereira, 30, who was red carded in Uruguay’s opening World Cup match against Costa Rica, has supplied quotes to the paper saying “I do not know if I will continue” at Benfica come the start of next season.
Record, who unfortunately have a paywall on their website shielding most of the details of the transfer story, note that Liverpool have ‘winked’ in Pereira’s direction, suggesting the Reds will make a move for the defender whose contract expires with Benfica in June 2015.
See a copy of the front page of Record on Monday linking Maxi Pereira with Liverpool below.
- Updated: June 30, 2014