Liverpool lock sights on Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira after he issues quit threat [Record]
The front page of Portuguese paper Record on Monday have a transfer rumour involving Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool.
In something of a bolt out the blue, Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira is all of a sudden linked with a move to Anfield this summer.
Pereira, 30, who was red carded in Uruguay’s opening World Cup match against Costa Rica, has supplied quotes to the paper saying “I do not know if I will continue” at Benfica come the start of next season.
Record, who unfortunately have a paywall on their website shielding most of the details of the transfer story, note that Liverpool have ‘winked’ in Pereira’s direction, suggesting the Reds will make a move for the defender whose contract expires with Benfica in June 2015.
See a copy of the front page of Record on Monday linking Maxi Pereira with Liverpool below.
Watch Live Stream
- Nico Gaitan cries after final game for Benfica, ahead of Atletico Madrid move (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Manchester United set to sign Benfica defender Victor Lindelof [Daily Express]May 20th, 2016
- Man United bid £20m for Benfica’s Swedish defender Victor Lindelöf [Aftonbladet]May 19th, 2016
- Leicester want to sign Benfica midfielder Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez [A Bola]May 12th, 2016
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge urges Mario Gotze to leave amid Liverpool interestMay 26th, 2016
- Martin Skrtel’s days at Liverpool are almost certainly over, confirms agentMay 25th, 2016
- Loris Karius says he intends to uproot Simon Mignolet as Liverpool number one (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Liverpool “very close” to completing €60m deal for Porto star Yacine Brahimi [A Bola]May 25th, 2016