Liverpool lock sights on Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira after he issues quit threat [Record]
- June 30, 2014
The front page of Portuguese paper Record on Monday have a transfer rumour involving Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool.
In something of a bolt out the blue, Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira is all of a sudden linked with a move to Anfield this summer.
Pereira, 30, who was red carded in Uruguay’s opening World Cup match against Costa Rica, has supplied quotes to the paper saying “I do not know if I will continue” at Benfica come the start of next season.
Record, who unfortunately have a paywall on their website shielding most of the details of the transfer story, note that Liverpool have ‘winked’ in Pereira’s direction, suggesting the Reds will make a move for the defender whose contract expires with Benfica in June 2015.
See a copy of the front page of Record on Monday linking Maxi Pereira with Liverpool below.
- Nico Gaitan yearns for Man United as Benfica receive a big offer from the Gulf [Portugu...
- Benfica star Nicolas Gaitan agrees €30million move to Manchester United [A Bola]
- See why Arsenal are intent on signing Joao Virginia from Benfica (Video evidence)
- Benfica fan asks Man United target Nico Gaitan to stay at the club. He replies “w...
- Hero: Luisao stopped the Benfica team bus to give an 11 year old fan his shirt [Instagram]
- Benfica 2 – PSG 3: Goals from Lucas Moura & Lucas Digne sealed the Parisians...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...