Liverpool lock sights on Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira after he issues quit threat [Record]
The front page of Portuguese paper Record on Monday have a transfer rumour involving Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool.
In something of a bolt out the blue, Benfica and Uruguay defender Maxi Pereira is all of a sudden linked with a move to Anfield this summer.
Pereira, 30, who was red carded in Uruguay’s opening World Cup match against Costa Rica, has supplied quotes to the paper saying “I do not know if I will continue” at Benfica come the start of next season.
Record, who unfortunately have a paywall on their website shielding most of the details of the transfer story, note that Liverpool have ‘winked’ in Pereira’s direction, suggesting the Reds will make a move for the defender whose contract expires with Benfica in June 2015.
See a copy of the front page of Record on Monday linking Maxi Pereira with Liverpool below.
Watch Live Stream
- Portuguese pundits argue over Benfica like it’s Trump v Clinton at the Presidential debates (Video)October 20, 2016
- Manchester United sent scouts to watch Benfica starlet Goncalo Guedes [Mirror]October 4, 2016
- Benfica captain Luisão shows his leadership to the Youth with free-kick intervention (Video)October 3, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola went undercover to watch Benfica’s Alex GrimaldoSeptember 21, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp suggests Liverpool are in talks with Steven Gerrard about a return (Video)October 22, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp overheard joking about the ‘West Brom wave’ after Liverpool’s win (Video)October 22, 2016
- Liverpool fans think Jordan Henderson purposely got booked v West BromOctober 22, 2016
- Chelsea’s John Terry challenges Liverpool old boy John Arne Riise to a bet [Instagram]October 22, 2016