Liverpool linked with €6m move for Mexico keeper Guillermo Ochoa
- January 19, 2013
Rumours have been swirling over the past couple of days that Liverpool are preparing to submit a 6 million euro offer to Ajaccio for Guillermo Ochoa.
Initially, these rumours of a Liverpool bid for Ochoa began in Mexico and were reported by French site RMC on Saturday evening.
The highly-rated 27-year-old keeper is thought to be Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers’ preference to replace Pepe Reina if the Liverpool number one should leave Anfield.
After Ajaccio’s 1-1 draw with Velanciennes on Saturday night, in which Ochoa played 90 minutes, the French side publicly denied any knowledge of a bid for the Mexican custodian.
Reina has not always been at his best for Liverpool in 2012/2013 and has in recent days been linked with a move to Barcelona as a replacement for Victor Valdes.
Liverpool may well though hold on to their cash and wait to bid for Ochoa in the summer when he is out contract at Ajaccio.
Footage of rumoured Liverpool target Guillermo Ochoa is below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...