Liverpool legend Ronnie Whelan urges Chelsea NOT to buy Diego Costa after Spain 1 – Holland 5
- June 13, 2014
Besides Iker Casillas and Xavi, the undoubted fall guy for Spain on Friday night in Salvador was Diego Costa.
Questions are being raised whether Spain needed a striker of Diego Costa’s type and whether the Brazilian-born forward was correct to play for La Furia Roja.
Brazilian Spanish striker played 63 minutes before he was hauled off by Vicente Del Bosque for Fernando Torres.
On Ireland’s RTE, Liverpool legend Ronnie Whelan went so far as to suggest that Chelsea should pull out of the deal to sign Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid.
It is widely understood that Chelsea have a transfer in place for Costa and the former Liverpool midfielder wondered whether Jose Mourinho may consider annulling any agreement.
Seems a bit harsh on one performance but it does seem clear that Costa is more suited to counter attack than Tiki-Taka.
Which should suit him at Chelsea then!
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Filipe Luis has completed Atletico medical, but deal not done yet as Chelsea demand hig...
- Atletico Madrid bid farewell to Mario Suarez ahead of Fiorentina move (Video)
- Jackson Martinez arrives in Madrid after Atletico move, brushes off Falcao comparison [...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi