- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Liverpool legend Ronnie Whelan urges Chelsea NOT to buy Diego Costa after Spain 1 – Holland 5
Besides Iker Casillas and Xavi, the undoubted fall guy for Spain on Friday night in Salvador was Diego Costa.
Questions are being raised whether Spain needed a striker of Diego Costa’s type and whether the Brazilian-born forward was correct to play for La Furia Roja.
Brazilian Spanish striker played 63 minutes before he was hauled off by Vicente Del Bosque for Fernando Torres.
On Ireland’s RTE, Liverpool legend Ronnie Whelan went so far as to suggest that Chelsea should pull out of the deal to sign Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid.
It is widely understood that Chelsea have a transfer in place for Costa and the former Liverpool midfielder wondered whether Jose Mourinho may consider annulling any agreement.
Seems a bit harsh on one performance but it does seem clear that Costa is more suited to counter attack than Tiki-Taka.
Which should suit him at Chelsea then!
- Updated: June 13, 2014