- Thibaut Courtois has achieved a lot in his career since his debut six years ago
- This graphic shows Louis van Gaal’s stunning influence over top level European football
- Louis van Gaal says that both Jose Mourinho and him live to win titles [Video]
- Gent attacker Nicklas Pedersen hit a sensational volley versus Standard Liege [GIF]
- Incredible last ditch defending by Djurgårdens IF defender in Swedish top flight [GIF]
Liverpool legend Ronnie Whelan urges Chelsea NOT to buy Diego Costa after Spain 1 – Holland 5
- June 13, 2014
Besides Iker Casillas and Xavi, the undoubted fall guy for Spain on Friday night in Salvador was Diego Costa.
Questions are being raised whether Spain needed a striker of Diego Costa’s type and whether the Brazilian-born forward was correct to play for La Furia Roja.
Brazilian Spanish striker played 63 minutes before he was hauled off by Vicente Del Bosque for Fernando Torres.
On Ireland’s RTE, Liverpool legend Ronnie Whelan went so far as to suggest that Chelsea should pull out of the deal to sign Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid.
It is widely understood that Chelsea have a transfer in place for Costa and the former Liverpool midfielder wondered whether Jose Mourinho may consider annulling any agreement.
Seems a bit harsh on one performance but it does seem clear that Costa is more suited to counter attack than Tiki-Taka.
Which should suit him at Chelsea then!