Liverpool legend Ronnie Whelan urges Chelsea NOT to buy Diego Costa after Spain 1 – Holland 5
Besides Iker Casillas and Xavi, the undoubted fall guy for Spain on Friday night in Salvador was Diego Costa.
Questions are being raised whether Spain needed a striker of Diego Costa’s type and whether the Brazilian-born forward was correct to play for La Furia Roja.
Brazilian Spanish striker played 63 minutes before he was hauled off by Vicente Del Bosque for Fernando Torres.
On Ireland’s RTE, Liverpool legend Ronnie Whelan went so far as to suggest that Chelsea should pull out of the deal to sign Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid.
It is widely understood that Chelsea have a transfer in place for Costa and the former Liverpool midfielder wondered whether Jose Mourinho may consider annulling any agreement.
Seems a bit harsh on one performance but it does seem clear that Costa is more suited to counter attack than Tiki-Taka.
Which should suit him at Chelsea then!
Watch Live Stream
- Atletico Madrid are making serious money from Sergio Aguero’s success at Man CityDecember 6, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo Jr is a big fan of… Antoine GriezmannDecember 5, 2016
- Diego Simeone’s brilliant anti-Juventus Instagram post after Giovanni Simeone braceNovember 28, 2016
- Man United fans get excited as Antoine Griezmann produces another transfer hint [Telefoot]November 27, 2016
- Antonio Conte shows off great Tekkers in Chelsea training (video)December 6, 2016
- The secret transfers of Romanian wonderkid Cristian Manea & his fake move to ChelseaDecember 6, 2016
- Watch Willian’s goal for Chelsea at Man City from the perfect angle (video)December 6, 2016
- Revealed: Chelsea paid less for Eden Hazard than first thoughtDecember 6, 2016
- FPL managers rush to sell Sergio Aguero, Spurs & Chelsea men top replacementsDecember 4, 2016
- Diego Costa’s reaction to the Man City v Chelsea fight was awesome (Video)December 3, 2016
- League leaders Chelsea dominate the Premier League awards for NovemberDecember 2, 2016
- Diego Costa met a true Chelsea legend after the Tottenham gameNovember 27, 2016