Liverpool legend Fowler Tweets to Chelsea fans singing about the Gerrard slip
Like many Premier League matches this weekend, songs about Steven Gerrard could be heard during Chelsea’s 3-1 win at Burnley last night.
It seems fans of Manchester United, Manchester City, Everton and Chelsea are all still revelling in the fact that Liverpool’s captain slipped to ruin their title chances at the end of last season.
Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler heard the Steven Gerrard songs on his television on Monday night, as sung from the Chelsea support at Turf Moor, and decided on his own riposte on Twitter.
Fowler pointed out that a Chelsea legend was also responsible for a rather famous slip at a crucial time.
Not long after, the Tweet was deleted by Fowler and the former Liverpool striker was hailing the quality of Chelsea’s second goal at Burnley.
Plenty of screenshots still exist though….
Watch Live Stream
- Eagles to partner Liverpool old boy Christian Benteke with Chelsea’s Loic Remy [Le 10 Sport]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea to submit €35m offer to AC Milan for Alessio Romagnoli on Wednesday [Di Marzio]August 23, 2016
- Chelsea fan questions Antonio Conte’s tactics after 3-2 win over Bristol Rovers (Video)August 23, 2016
- A terrible stat about Chelsea’s defenceAugust 23, 2016
- Sadio Mane on his man of the match performance for Liverpool v Burton Albion (Video)August 23, 2016
- Emre Can suffers terrible looking injury for Liverpool v Burton AlbionAugust 23, 2016
- Palermo fans display banner begging club to sign Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli [Picture]August 23, 2016
- Lucas Leiva slams Liverpool Echo journalist on Twitter over transfer speculationAugust 23, 2016
- Terry 4 – Slippy G 0: Chelsea fans have banner prepared for Liverpool friendlyJuly 24, 2016
- Steven Gerrard on retirement & working at Liverpool again (Video)July 20, 2016
- Steven Gerrard & Frank Lampard left out of MLS All-Star RosterJuly 18, 2016
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard bags an assist for the LA Galaxy (Official Video)June 26, 2016