Liverpool legend Fowler Tweets to Chelsea fans singing about the Gerrard slip
Like many Premier League matches this weekend, songs about Steven Gerrard could be heard during Chelsea’s 3-1 win at Burnley last night.
It seems fans of Manchester United, Manchester City, Everton and Chelsea are all still revelling in the fact that Liverpool’s captain slipped to ruin their title chances at the end of last season.
Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler heard the Steven Gerrard songs on his television on Monday night, as sung from the Chelsea support at Turf Moor, and decided on his own riposte on Twitter.
Fowler pointed out that a Chelsea legend was also responsible for a rather famous slip at a crucial time.
Not long after, the Tweet was deleted by Fowler and the former Liverpool striker was hailing the quality of Chelsea’s second goal at Burnley.
Plenty of screenshots still exist though….
Watch Live Stream
- AC Milan prepare a big money for a Chelsea midfielder [CalcioMercatoWeb]September 27, 2016
- Roman Abramovich gives Chelsea’s Antonio Conte the dreaded vote of confidence [Times]September 27, 2016
- How N’Golo Kante’s game has changed at Chelsea since leaving LeicesterSeptember 26, 2016
- The team Chelsea should be fielding shows why they are in crisis againSeptember 26, 2016
- Twitter falls madly in love with Jurgen Klopp during amazing MNF performance [Tweets]September 26, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp gets told Liverpool title odds, reveals he’s never gambled in his life (Video)September 26, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp talks about his punditry past and what he dislikes about analysts on MNF (Video)September 26, 2016
- Arsenal & Liverpool stars joined by Paul Pogba & Sergio Aguero in the BBC XI of the weekSeptember 26, 2016
- Barcelona’s Javier Mascherano did a great impression of Liverpool legend Steven GerrardSeptember 22, 2016
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard enjoyed Jordan Henderson’s Worldy against Chelsea [Instagram]September 17, 2016
- Chelsea fans mocked for STILL singing about Steven Gerrard’s slip for Liverpool in 2014 [Tweets]September 16, 2016
- El Hadji Diouf blames ‘jealous’ Steven Gerrard for Mario Balotelli’s Liverpool failures [Quotes]September 12, 2016