- Barcelona hit Elche for 6! [Highlights]
- Jose Mourinho confuses brilliant Bradford with rivals Barnsley after Chelsea defeat [video]
- Neymar & Messi scored a gorgeous 1-2 goal for Barcelona at Elche [GIF + Vine]
- Real Madrid survive Ronaldo sending off to win 2-1 at Cordoba [Highlights]
- Cristiano Ronaldo apologises on Twitter & Facebook for red card v Cordoba
Liverpool leading Arsenal, Man United & Barca in race for €20m Sporting left-back Marcos Rojo [O Jogo]
The Portuguese press continue to have stories about the Reds swooping for Liga Sagres based players.
On Monday local paper Record linked Liverpool with a move for Benfica defender Maxi Periera, while on Tuesday O Jogo shift focus onto Argentina and Sporting left-back Marcos Rojo.
The narrative being presented is that LIverpool are desperately seeking to boost the full back options, particularly on the left side.
This search is throwing up a bunch of new names, after many had thought that Sevilla’s Alberto Moreno could be joining earlier in the summer.
Now Liverpool are ‘leading the auction’ for Sporting’s Rogo, while Arsenal, Manchester United, Barcelona and Juventus are all named suitors on the front page of the paper.
The Reds are quoted as being prepared to spend €20m on the defender, however the player’s ownership structure is complicated as Sporting only own 25% of the player’s contract, while a third party, the Doyen Group, own the 75% majority stake.
Should Liverpool truly be interested in Rojo, whom many may question as being up to par, cynics would be quick to note that by name-dropped the likes of Arsenal and Man United, the benefactors of that information are those who’d make money off the deal.
(Credit to SoccerLens for the image below)
- Updated: July 1, 2014