Liverpool leading Arsenal, Man United & Barca in race for €20m Sporting left-back Marcos Rojo [O Jogo]
The Portuguese press continue to have stories about the Reds swooping for Liga Sagres based players.
On Monday local paper Record linked Liverpool with a move for Benfica defender Maxi Periera, while on Tuesday O Jogo shift focus onto Argentina and Sporting left-back Marcos Rojo.
The narrative being presented is that LIverpool are desperately seeking to boost the full back options, particularly on the left side.
This search is throwing up a bunch of new names, after many had thought that Sevilla’s Alberto Moreno could be joining earlier in the summer.
Now Liverpool are ‘leading the auction’ for Sporting’s Rogo, while Arsenal, Manchester United, Barcelona and Juventus are all named suitors on the front page of the paper.
The Reds are quoted as being prepared to spend €20m on the defender, however the player’s ownership structure is complicated as Sporting only own 25% of the player’s contract, while a third party, the Doyen Group, own the 75% majority stake.
Should Liverpool truly be interested in Rojo, whom many may question as being up to par, cynics would be quick to note that by name-dropped the likes of Arsenal and Man United, the benefactors of that information are those who’d make money off the deal.
(Credit to SoccerLens for the image below)
Watch Live Stream
- No one believes the latest Arsenal claims on Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil (Sky Sports Video)December 11, 2016
- Ian Wright reveals how Arsenal can pip Chelsea to the title (MOTD Video)December 11, 2016
- Two lads break into Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium, walk on the roof & post video on YouTubeDecember 11, 2016
- Arsenal fan Moh slams ‘disgusting’ Chelsea over the sex abuse scandal (Video)December 10, 2016
- Leo Messi at the double as Barcelona win 3-0 at Osasuna (Official video)December 11, 2016
- Even when Leo Messi dives, he is still the most honest player on the planet (video)December 10, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar congratulates ‘Fatty’ Luis Suarez on Osasuna goal on SnapcatDecember 10, 2016
- Huge boost for Barcelona as Messi and Suarez open contract talks [BBC Sport]December 10, 2016
- Did Simon Mignolet troll Loris Karius on Instagram? Cryptic post pre-West HamDecember 11, 2016
- Revealed: Roberto Firmino will earn huge money if he scores for Liverpool v West HamDecember 11, 2016
- Leading Sunday broadsheet link West Ham with signing a Liverpool star in JanuaryDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016