- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Liverpool knocked back in loan offer for Rubin Kazan midfielder Yann M’Vila [Sky Italia]
Reliable Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports on Saturday evening that Rubin Kazan have rejected a loan offer from Liverpool for French midfielder Yann M’Vila.
Liverpool and Napoli are head-to-head in the race for M’Vila who has failed to settle in Russia since joining Rubin Kazan from Rennes.
Both Liverpool and Napoli bid for M’Vila. An initial 2 million euro bid for the rest of the season, with the option to purchase outright for 10 million euros at the end of the season.
Napoli look set to meet with Rubin Kazan to discuss the transfer this week, according to Sky Italia with the Italians considering an outright purchase for the defensive midfielder.
Liverpool do appear to hold an advantage over Napoli in that M’Vila has intimated he sees the Premier League as his first choice.
Brendan Rodgers’ appears to be intimating that his midfield needs reinforcements for the run-in as Liverpool look to finish top four and return to the Champions League.
- Updated: January 11, 2014