Liverpool interested in Athletic Bilbao winger Iker Muniain, unwilling to pay €45m release clause [AS]
AS have a transfer story about Liverpool chasing Athletic Bilbao winger Iker Muniain on Sunday, which really seems to be about Bilbao closing a new contract to keep the Spanish starlet at San Mames.
Days after Bilbao sold Ander Herrera to Manchester United, Liverpool are reportedly ‘interested’ in Muniain, whom it feels like has been around forever even though he’s just 21-years-old.
Muniain, having made his debut for Bilbao at just 16, is undoubtedly a fans’ favourite in the Basque country, and the understanding is that the club wish to renew the winger’s contract until at least 2018.
The player, though, is yet to agree terms with the club, and Muniain has some leverage in his corner as his present deal expires in the summer of 2015.
With the clock against them, and with Liverpool said to be chasing the Spaniards signature, there is pressure on Bilbao to get a renewal deal done fast.
As for the Liverpool pursuit, AS virtually shoot that down in their own transfer tale claiming the Reds are unwilling to pay the €45m release clause is the player’s contract, and it’s majorly unlikely that the powers at Anfield can negotiate Bilbao down from that fee.
Watch Live Stream
- Aymeric Laporte updates fans on his horror injury for France U21 [Instagram]March 25th, 2016
- Bilbao’s brilliant defender Aymeric Laporte suffers a horror injury playing for France U21 ...March 24th, 2016
- Man City, not Barcelona, will sign Aymeric Laporte on a five year contract [Marca]March 24th, 2016
- Pep Guardiola has asked Man City to sign Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte [Sunday Times]February 28th, 2016
- Done Deal: Liverpool sign Loris Karius from Mainz (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Redmen TV try to convince themselves Mario Gotze could still join Liverpool from Bayern (Video)May 24th, 2016
- UEFA fine Liverpool & Man United for fan trouble during Europa League clashMay 24th, 2016
- Redmen TV analyse Liverpool signing Mainz keeper Loris Karius (Video)May 23rd, 2016