Liverpool hold amicable talks with Suarez’s agent, no new Arsenal bid expected [Echo]
- July 8, 2013
The Liverpool Echo have sought to allay some fears of Reds fans that striker Luis Suarez is set to walk out of Anfield this summer.
A day after news broke that Liverpool had rejected a £30 million offer from Arsenal for Suarez, Liverpool’s leading local paper have reported that a meeting between club officials and Suarez’s agent Pere Guardiola was positive.
Noticeably though, the paper stopped short of concretely stating that Luis Suarez will be a Liverpool player come the start of next season.
Liverpool have held constructive talks with Luis Suarez’s agent as speculation over the striker’s future rumbles on… The ECHO understands that the dialogue was both “positive” and “amicable”.
There was no backtracking from the agent following Suarez’s public declarations in South America that he would jump at the opportunity to quit English football this summer and sign for Real Madrid.
However, no transfer request was submitted by Guardiola – a sign that his Uruguayan client, who is on holiday following the Confederations Cup, is not currently prepared to try to force through a move.
Guardiola gave no indication to Liverpool that a move to the Emirates would interest Suarez, who has always insisted that his treatment at the hands of the UK press was his pressing reason for wanting to part company with the Reds. Sources in London suggest Arsenal are highly unlikely to increase their offer.
- Gunners fans wish Abou Diaby farewell as he is officially released by Arsenal [Tweets]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Arturo Vidal’s agent reveals there has been no contact with Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Lukas Podolski appears on Galatasaray TV as move from Arsenal draws near [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi