Liverpool hold amicable talks with Suarez’s agent, no new Arsenal bid expected [Echo]
- July 8, 2013
The Liverpool Echo have sought to allay some fears of Reds fans that striker Luis Suarez is set to walk out of Anfield this summer.
A day after news broke that Liverpool had rejected a £30 million offer from Arsenal for Suarez, Liverpool’s leading local paper have reported that a meeting between club officials and Suarez’s agent Pere Guardiola was positive.
Noticeably though, the paper stopped short of concretely stating that Luis Suarez will be a Liverpool player come the start of next season.
Liverpool have held constructive talks with Luis Suarez’s agent as speculation over the striker’s future rumbles on… The ECHO understands that the dialogue was both “positive” and “amicable”.
There was no backtracking from the agent following Suarez’s public declarations in South America that he would jump at the opportunity to quit English football this summer and sign for Real Madrid.
However, no transfer request was submitted by Guardiola – a sign that his Uruguayan client, who is on holiday following the Confederations Cup, is not currently prepared to try to force through a move.
Guardiola gave no indication to Liverpool that a move to the Emirates would interest Suarez, who has always insisted that his treatment at the hands of the UK press was his pressing reason for wanting to part company with the Reds. Sources in London suggest Arsenal are highly unlikely to increase their offer.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...