Liverpool hero Alan Hansen questions whether Man United should get rid of “no-win” Robin van Persie [Telegraph]
RVP needs a month without interviews and noise! Keep scoring goals / hold the ball up and run around like a madman for the team!!
— Gary Neville (@GNev2) March 8, 2014
Liverpool hero and Match of the Day pundit Alan Hansen has used his weekly Monday column in the Daily Telegraph to look at the problems concerning Robin van Persie’s position at Manchester United.
It goes without saying that many Man United supporters will not appreciate a legend of their most bitter rivals telling them how handle affairs within their club.
Leaving that issue to one side though, Liverpool legend Hansen believes David Moyes is facing a serious problem with regard to his Dutch centre-forward who is patently unhappy with his current situation at the Theatre of Dreams.
Hansen explains (read the whole article clicking here):
With Van Persie, it appears that there is no smoke without fire and the doubt surrounding one of his star players is the last thing that Moyes needs right now. When you are struggling and looking for results to turn the corner, unity is key…
If Van Persie is truly unhappy and needs to be convinced that his future is at United, then the club may to have to sugar-coat it because of the contract they gave to Rooney.
Van Persie will undoubtedly already be earning stupendous money at United, but if he has seen his fellow striker secure a new contract on better money, it is only human nature for anybody to want X if the other guy is getting Y.
United need everybody pulling for one common cause, however, and all of the noises around Van Persie are currently to the detriment of the team.
A couple of interesting recent discussions on Robin van Persie’s standing at Manchester United can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic & Anthony Martial pose beside each other for Manchester United’s 3rd Kit LaunchJuly 29, 2016
- Manchester United negotiating with Monaco for right-back Fabinho [Globoesporte]July 29, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic excited to make Manchester United debut in Sweden (Video)July 29, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola insists there’s no deal between Man United & Juventus [Twitter]July 29, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016
- Fenerbahce’s Robin van Persie drops a hint on Twitter he’s joining LeicesterJuly 5, 2016
- West Ham and Crystal Palace have been offered Robin van Persie by Fenerbahce [Mail]July 4, 2016