Liverpool hero Alan Hansen questions whether Man United should get rid of “no-win” Robin van Persie [Telegraph]
RVP needs a month without interviews and noise! Keep scoring goals / hold the ball up and run around like a madman for the team!!
— Gary Neville (@GNev2) March 8, 2014
Liverpool hero and Match of the Day pundit Alan Hansen has used his weekly Monday column in the Daily Telegraph to look at the problems concerning Robin van Persie’s position at Manchester United.
It goes without saying that many Man United supporters will not appreciate a legend of their most bitter rivals telling them how handle affairs within their club.
Leaving that issue to one side though, Liverpool legend Hansen believes David Moyes is facing a serious problem with regard to his Dutch centre-forward who is patently unhappy with his current situation at the Theatre of Dreams.
Hansen explains (read the whole article clicking here):
With Van Persie, it appears that there is no smoke without fire and the doubt surrounding one of his star players is the last thing that Moyes needs right now. When you are struggling and looking for results to turn the corner, unity is key…
If Van Persie is truly unhappy and needs to be convinced that his future is at United, then the club may to have to sugar-coat it because of the contract they gave to Rooney.
Van Persie will undoubtedly already be earning stupendous money at United, but if he has seen his fellow striker secure a new contract on better money, it is only human nature for anybody to want X if the other guy is getting Y.
United need everybody pulling for one common cause, however, and all of the noises around Van Persie are currently to the detriment of the team.
A couple of interesting recent discussions on Robin van Persie’s standing at Manchester United can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- EA Sports reveal FIFA 17 ratings after getting James, Rashford and co. to rate themselves (Video)August 29, 2016
- Olivier Giroud discusses Arsenal’s title chances & hails Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s influence at Man UnitedAugust 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Man City fans prove Sergio Aguero didn’t connect with elbow & Andre Marriner saw incidentAugust 29, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016
- Fenerbahce’s Robin van Persie drops a hint on Twitter he’s joining LeicesterJuly 5, 2016