- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Liverpool hero Alan Hansen questions whether Man United should get rid of “no-win” Robin van Persie [Telegraph]
RVP needs a month without interviews and noise! Keep scoring goals / hold the ball up and run around like a madman for the team!!
— Gary Neville (@GNev2) March 8, 2014
Liverpool hero and Match of the Day pundit Alan Hansen has used his weekly Monday column in the Daily Telegraph to look at the problems concerning Robin van Persie’s position at Manchester United.
It goes without saying that many Man United supporters will not appreciate a legend of their most bitter rivals telling them how handle affairs within their club.
Leaving that issue to one side though, Liverpool legend Hansen believes David Moyes is facing a serious problem with regard to his Dutch centre-forward who is patently unhappy with his current situation at the Theatre of Dreams.
Hansen explains (read the whole article clicking here):
With Van Persie, it appears that there is no smoke without fire and the doubt surrounding one of his star players is the last thing that Moyes needs right now. When you are struggling and looking for results to turn the corner, unity is key…
If Van Persie is truly unhappy and needs to be convinced that his future is at United, then the club may to have to sugar-coat it because of the contract they gave to Rooney.
Van Persie will undoubtedly already be earning stupendous money at United, but if he has seen his fellow striker secure a new contract on better money, it is only human nature for anybody to want X if the other guy is getting Y.
United need everybody pulling for one common cause, however, and all of the noises around Van Persie are currently to the detriment of the team.
A couple of interesting recent discussions on Robin van Persie’s standing at Manchester United can be seen below.
- Updated: March 10, 2014