Liverpool have signed Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can for €12m [Bild]
Reliable German newspaper Bild report today that Liverpool have signed Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre can for 12 million euros.
This comes at the bottom of an article linking Liverpool with another German-based midfielder, Xherdan Shaqiri, of Bayern Munich.
Bild suggest the deal for Emre Can is “as good as done” for 12 million euros and this would be quite some coup for Brendan Rodgers to bring in a highly-rated 20-year-old midfielder.
Can has impressed for Leverkusen since leaving Bayern Munich in search of first team football.
Of Turkish descent, he has represented Germany until Under-21 level so far.
German Journalist Rafa Honigstein revealed on Twitter last night that Brendan Rodgers has a good relationship with Emre Can’s agent, helping to agree previous Liverpool deals for Samed Yesil and Nuri Sahin.
On Shaqiri, Bild say Rodgers is a big fan of the Swiss midfielder but he looks set to stay at Bayern for one more year in order to secure more regular first team football.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United old boy Javier Hernandez is getting married to Lucia Villalon [Hola]October 23, 2016
- 19-year-old refugee Ousman Manneh scores match-winner for Werder Bremen v Leverkusen (Video)October 19, 2016
- Humble: Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris plays down world class save to deny Leverkusen (Video)October 19, 2016
- Spurs’ Hugo Lloris denies Leverkusen’s Chicharito with incredible point blank save (Video)October 18, 2016
- Spurs fans Trolled Liverpool’s Alberto Moreno during EFL Cup tie (Video)October 26, 2016
- Mamadou Sakho ‘walks alone’ at Liverpool, exit plans revealed [L’Equipe]October 26, 2016
- Liverpool target Alexander Isak hires an agent with close ties to Chelsea’s Roman Abramovich [Expressen]October 26, 2016
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge is the same as Arsenal’s Theo Walcott (BBC Audio)October 26, 2016