Liverpool have signed Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can for €12m [Bild]
Reliable German newspaper Bild report today that Liverpool have signed Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre can for 12 million euros.
This comes at the bottom of an article linking Liverpool with another German-based midfielder, Xherdan Shaqiri, of Bayern Munich.
Bild suggest the deal for Emre Can is “as good as done” for 12 million euros and this would be quite some coup for Brendan Rodgers to bring in a highly-rated 20-year-old midfielder.
Can has impressed for Leverkusen since leaving Bayern Munich in search of first team football.
Of Turkish descent, he has represented Germany until Under-21 level so far.
German Journalist Rafa Honigstein revealed on Twitter last night that Brendan Rodgers has a good relationship with Emre Can’s agent, helping to agree previous Liverpool deals for Samed Yesil and Nuri Sahin.
On Shaqiri, Bild say Rodgers is a big fan of the Swiss midfielder but he looks set to stay at Bayern for one more year in order to secure more regular first team football.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumour: Arsenal turn to former Man United striker Chicharito [Tweets]June 22, 2016
- Cologne v Bayer Leverkusen: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-04-10April 5, 2016
- Bayer Leverkusen left-back Wendell wants to be Marcelo’s apprentice at Real Madrid [Quotes]March 12, 2016
- Man United post interest in a Bayer Leverkusen defender [Kicker]March 6, 2016
- New Liverpool GK Karius ruled out with broken hand, fans dread being stuck with Mignolet [Tweets]July 30, 2016
- Daniel Sturridge posts amusing video from Liverpool’s 3rd kit launchJuly 29, 2016
- Ovie Ejaria’s impressive individual highlights for Liverpool v Chelsea (Video)July 28, 2016
- Chelsea official Twitter attacked for outrageous Cesc Fabregas claim during Liverpool game [Tweets]July 28, 2016