Liverpool have signed Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can for €12m [Bild]
Reliable German newspaper Bild report today that Liverpool have signed Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre can for 12 million euros.
This comes at the bottom of an article linking Liverpool with another German-based midfielder, Xherdan Shaqiri, of Bayern Munich.
Bild suggest the deal for Emre Can is “as good as done” for 12 million euros and this would be quite some coup for Brendan Rodgers to bring in a highly-rated 20-year-old midfielder.
Can has impressed for Leverkusen since leaving Bayern Munich in search of first team football.
Of Turkish descent, he has represented Germany until Under-21 level so far.
German Journalist Rafa Honigstein revealed on Twitter last night that Brendan Rodgers has a good relationship with Emre Can’s agent, helping to agree previous Liverpool deals for Samed Yesil and Nuri Sahin.
On Shaqiri, Bild say Rodgers is a big fan of the Swiss midfielder but he looks set to stay at Bayern for one more year in order to secure more regular first team football.
- Oh dear: Bayer Leverkusen keeper Bernd Leno scores nightmare own goal v Augsburg (video)
- Swing and a miss: Bayer Leverkusen keeper Bernd Leno with a howler against Augsburg (Vi...
- Kyriakos Papadopoulos mocked Luis Suarez for being a biter during Barca’s win v L...
- EA Sports simulate Dortmund versus Leverkusen on FIFA 16 (Video)
- Kenny Dalglish tells Liverpool fans to ‘fasten their seatbelts’ for the Jur...
- The Twitter response to Jurgen Klopp’s appointment was record-breaking (Graphic)
- Jurgen Klopp arrives in Liverpool in Matze Knop’s wonderfully eccentric skit (Video)
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers