- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry tweets brilliant Christmas meme of himself [Picture]
- Man United’s Radamel Falcao posts picture & religious message on Instagram to celebrate Christmas
- Man United loan star Nani (Sporting) dresses up as Santa Claus to deliver presents [Picture]
- Behind the Scenes of James Milner’s boring Christmas video for Man City [Video]
- Borussia Dortmund release incredible video of fans & players singing ‘Jingle Bells’ [Video]
Liverpool have signed Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can for €12m [Bild]
Reliable German newspaper Bild report today that Liverpool have signed Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre can for 12 million euros.
This comes at the bottom of an article linking Liverpool with another German-based midfielder, Xherdan Shaqiri, of Bayern Munich.
Bild suggest the deal for Emre Can is “as good as done” for 12 million euros and this would be quite some coup for Brendan Rodgers to bring in a highly-rated 20-year-old midfielder.
Can has impressed for Leverkusen since leaving Bayern Munich in search of first team football.
Of Turkish descent, he has represented Germany until Under-21 level so far.
German Journalist Rafa Honigstein revealed on Twitter last night that Brendan Rodgers has a good relationship with Emre Can’s agent, helping to agree previous Liverpool deals for Samed Yesil and Nuri Sahin.
On Shaqiri, Bild say Rodgers is a big fan of the Swiss midfielder but he looks set to stay at Bayern for one more year in order to secure more regular first team football.
- Updated: May 18, 2014