- Mino Raiola prepares for summer bidding war over Paul Pogba [Graphic]
- Frank Lampard & Sergio Aguero score beautiful free kicks in Man City training [Video]
- Fernando Torres v Neymar at half-time of Atletico-Barcelona [video]
- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
- What. A. Hit! Nicolás Colazo (Boca Juniors) v Vélez Sarsfield
Liverpool have signed Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can for €12m [Bild]
Reliable German newspaper Bild report today that Liverpool have signed Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre can for 12 million euros.
This comes at the bottom of an article linking Liverpool with another German-based midfielder, Xherdan Shaqiri, of Bayern Munich.
Bild suggest the deal for Emre Can is “as good as done” for 12 million euros and this would be quite some coup for Brendan Rodgers to bring in a highly-rated 20-year-old midfielder.
Can has impressed for Leverkusen since leaving Bayern Munich in search of first team football.
Of Turkish descent, he has represented Germany until Under-21 level so far.
German Journalist Rafa Honigstein revealed on Twitter last night that Brendan Rodgers has a good relationship with Emre Can’s agent, helping to agree previous Liverpool deals for Samed Yesil and Nuri Sahin.
On Shaqiri, Bild say Rodgers is a big fan of the Swiss midfielder but he looks set to stay at Bayern for one more year in order to secure more regular first team football.
- Updated: May 18, 2014