Liverpool have £8.5 million bid for Loic Remy accepted by QPR [Sky Sports News]
- July 19, 2014
Liverpool have had an £8.5 million bid for Loic Remy accepted by QPR, as reported by Sky Sports News.
The French striker has been the subject of speculation after impressing while on loan for Newcastle last season, scoring 14 goals in 26 league appearances.
It’s understood that Remy had a clause in his contract which allowed him to speak to clubs competing in the Champions League provided they met a certain fee.
In order to play in Europe, Remy had to lower his wage demands to keep alive the chance of joining Brendan Rodgers’ side.
Arsenal were also said to be in the hunt for Remy but there interest has cooled recently and it looks like Remy will be the fifth player that Liverpool add to their squad in this transfer window.
This season is all about players who want to play for us. Some will move to bigger clubs most will stay some will come. Great meeting.
— Tony Fernandes (@tonyfernandes) July 19, 2014
- NBA star Lebron James backs Jordan Henderson’s FIFA 16 cover campaign on Facebook
- Bobby Adekanye confirms he has signed for Liverpool from Barcelona on Instagram
- The best reactions to the bogus rumour that Liverpool may sell Mario Balotelli to Stoke...
- Steven Gerrard is told he’s nicer than David Beckham as he’s hounded by pap...
- Fighting Fit: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge lays into a punchbag in workout [Video]
- Watch Nathaniel Clyne put on a Liverpool shirt for the very first time [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi