Liverpool have £8.5 million bid for Loic Remy accepted by QPR [Sky Sports News]
- July 19, 2014
Liverpool have had an £8.5 million bid for Loic Remy accepted by QPR, as reported by Sky Sports News.
The French striker has been the subject of speculation after impressing while on loan for Newcastle last season, scoring 14 goals in 26 league appearances.
It’s understood that Remy had a clause in his contract which allowed him to speak to clubs competing in the Champions League provided they met a certain fee.
In order to play in Europe, Remy had to lower his wage demands to keep alive the chance of joining Brendan Rodgers’ side.
Arsenal were also said to be in the hunt for Remy but there interest has cooled recently and it looks like Remy will be the fifth player that Liverpool add to their squad in this transfer window.
This season is all about players who want to play for us. Some will move to bigger clubs most will stay some will come. Great meeting.
— Tony Fernandes (@tonyfernandes) July 19, 2014
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...