Liverpool have £8.5 million bid for Loic Remy accepted by QPR [Sky Sports News]
- July 19, 2014
Liverpool have had an £8.5 million bid for Loic Remy accepted by QPR, as reported by Sky Sports News.
The French striker has been the subject of speculation after impressing while on loan for Newcastle last season, scoring 14 goals in 26 league appearances.
It’s understood that Remy had a clause in his contract which allowed him to speak to clubs competing in the Champions League provided they met a certain fee.
In order to play in Europe, Remy had to lower his wage demands to keep alive the chance of joining Brendan Rodgers’ side.
Arsenal were also said to be in the hunt for Remy but there interest has cooled recently and it looks like Remy will be the fifth player that Liverpool add to their squad in this transfer window.
This season is all about players who want to play for us. Some will move to bigger clubs most will stay some will come. Great meeting.
— Tony Fernandes (@tonyfernandes) July 19, 2014
- Spine: Steven Gerrard posts Instagram picture of a classic Liverpool team
- Done Deal: Liverpool confirm signing Allan from Internacional, he’s immediately s...
- Bryan Robson and Denis Irwin recreate famous Man United goals v Liverpool (Video)
- Rating the starting XIs of the Premier League top 6, ft. Chelsea & Arsenal (video)
- Liverpool’s Jose Enrique deletes Twitter & Instagram accounts to focus on fo...
- Liverpool defender Jose Enrique closing in on a move to West Brom [Sky Sports]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...