Liverpool FC apologise after official Twitter account endorses Munich disaster mockery
On Friday morning Liverpool FC went some way in righting the wrong of the Twitter debacle on Thursday night.
If you are yet to see what happened on Liverpool’s twitter account regarding the Munich disaster mockery, then you must read this article.
Although it may be better to see an apology on their official Twitter account, Liverpool should be applauded somewhat for releasing a statement apologising for their actions on the social media site.
It read ‘Liverpool Football Club responded quickly to correct the error of judgement that was made last night on it’s official Twitter account in responding to a distasteful and inappropriate Tweet.’
‘The Club took decisive action and the comment was deleted swiftly. We apologise, unreservedly, for any offence that was caused by this mistake.‘
A Manchester United spokesman said: “We welcome the apology.”
The Manchester Evening News claim an internal investigation has been launched by Liverpool FC and they ‘are not though to be ruling out strong action’.
Hopefully this awful error can be quickly forgotten and doesn’t lead to even more severed ties between Liverpool and Manchester United ahead of the big clash on Sunday.
Watch Live Stream
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 26, 2016
- Phil Coutinho a major doubt for Tottenham v Liverpool [Liverpool Echo]August 26, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits that he doesn’t want to play Sturridge out wide (Video)August 25, 2016
- Burton 0 – Liverpool 5 (Official highlights video)August 25, 2016
- Valencia are talking to Manchester United about a €12 million deal for Marcos Rojo [DP]August 25, 2016
- FPL GW3: Time for a double transfer & #alwayscaptainAgueroAugust 25, 2016
- Man United & Arsenal full internationals included in England U21 squadAugust 25, 2016
- Paul Pogba talks about Man United & Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a new MUTV interview (Video)August 25, 2016