- Juan Mata hugged every Chelsea player after Man United lost at Stamford Bridge [Video]
- Oscar signs a Man United contract & CheekySport meet Chelsea physio Eva Carneiro [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo singled out Man United’s Chicharito for praise v Malaga [Video]
- PSV’s Marcel Brands says big teams are circling Memphis Depay. Man United & Spurs name-checked [VI]
- Chelsea’s stars & their wives attended Didier Drogba’s Charity Ball after the Man United game [Pictures]
Liverpool fans slam Luis Alberto on Twitter after player handed 12 month ban for drink-driving [Best tweets]
- April 25, 2014
Last summer Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers acquired the services of young Sevilla forward Luis Alberto for £6m.
Today the 21 year old forward was charged with drink-driving, banned from driving for 12 months and handed a £1500 fine.
Having struggled to get anywhere near the first team at Anfield, Liverpool fans criticised their forward on Twitter for getting into trouble with the law.
Some of the best tweets can be seen below.
Very Disappointed that Luis Alberto has been drink driving.. I think this explains why Rodgers has swerved him for a while now. #Idiot
— Connor (@ConnorwilsonLFC) April 25, 2014
What an idiot Luis Alberto is. Have no sympathy for anyone who drink drives.
— Joe Rafferty (@seat183) April 25, 2014
Luis Alberto – drink driving? Really? Idiot. #LFC
— Ray Wilson (@theraywilson) April 25, 2014
Luis Alberto charged with drink driving. Our players literally can't stop getting 3 points this season, even when we're not playing.
— Tim Bolton (@timbolton1) April 25, 2014
Luis Alberto got caught drunk driving? There's just no excuse for that.
— Abby (@American_Scouse) April 25, 2014
Luis Alberto gets drunk and he expects to have a career as a footballer??? We should send him to West Ham. #LFC
— Liverpool Red (@lfcredynwa) April 25, 2014
Luis Alberto you massive twat.
— Andrew Kinsella (@akinsella95) April 25, 2014
Luis Alberto your a dick! Reds star Luis Alberto guilty of drink-driving. Yes i'm a liverpool fan! But I hate Drink drivers!!!!!!!
— Ricky Brown (@_Rick87) April 25, 2014
"He's only 21" excuse. I'm younger than Alberto and know it's incredibly stupid to do such a thing. If I done that I would be embarrassed.
— Ciaran (@naomhciaran) April 25, 2014