Liverpool fans have created plenty of Memes laughing at referee Howard Webb after Arsenal defeat
- February 17, 2014
It was inevitable after Howard Webb’s poor performance during Liverpool’s 2-1 FA Cup defeat at Arsenal on Sunday.
The World Cup official has come in for stick left, right and centre after failing to spot the fact Luis Suarez was clearly fouled in the box by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain with the score at 2-1 in the second half.
It came just after Webb had awarded Liverpool a penalty and Arsenal were angry that Steven Gerrard was not sent off minutes later for a poor potential second yellow card challenge on The Ox.
With Liverpool playing well and riding high in the Premier League, plus with no Kolo Toure to blame, Webb has taken most of the ire from fans of the Merseyside giants.
When the Daily Mirror back page slams the official (see below) what hope did Webb have with the rest of the internet!
It should be pointed out that Webb also denied Liverpool a fairly clear penalty at Chelsea earlier this season…
- Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 to win Community Shield (Official Highlights)
- Watch Petr Cech’s individual highlights for Arsenal v Chelsea in the Community Sh...
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi