Liverpool fans hail “secret agent” Fabio Borini & thank Brendan Rodgers for sending Italian to Sunderland!
- April 19, 2014
Near the start of the season, there was much joking from Chelsea fans that Jose Mourinho had sent Romelu Lukaku to Everton loan to help the Blues in the title race.
In actual fact, it has been two Liverpool loanees that have had a huge impact on the Chelsea challenge.
Chelsea lost at Stoke earlier in the season to a late wonder goal from Oussama Assaidi.
And, on Saturday, it was Fabio Borini who scored the penalty to give Sunderland a shock win at Stamford Bridge.
Hence, the Fabio Borini Meme that started doing the rounds almost immediately above.
And, as is often the way these days, Brendan Rodgers was praised for sending Borini to Sunderland and his suggestion that the “loan will benefit us all” has proved to be more than correct!
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Brendan Rodgers is not in any immediate danger of getting axed from Liverpool [Papers]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi