- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Liverpool fans claim they met Willian & he’s joining on Tuesday, others say picture is fake
- Updated: August 18, 2013
Is this guy in the middle of the picture Willian?
A rumour, accompanied by a smokey picture, has got Liverpool fans in a tizz about whether Brazilian playmaker Willian is set to join their club this week.
Taking the rumour at it’s most gullible level, a couple of fans posted an image on Twitter claiming that they had just met Willian in Garlands nightclub on Merseyside, and the wantaway Anzhi Makhachkala star told these likely lads that he will join Anfield on Tuesday.
Immediately, however, a shedload of football fans denounced the picture, arguing that the guy in the centre of the image was not Willian and moreover the story was a fabrication of a couple of gossip merchants.
For the record, Willian did express soundbite last week claiming he favours a move to Liverpool, telling reporters:
There are conversations, and I am hoping in the next few days for an offer from a club like Liverpool. If it is Liverpool, then they are a great club. The news came as a real shock, but I’m calm about it and hoping for the best, because I’ve been told they will help the players to go, if they get a good offer.
You can make up your own mind whether to believe the gossip or not.
— Thomas (@TankForrest) August 18, 2013
— Si (@PhantomGoal) August 18, 2013
If that's Willian, you can consider me Miles Davis.
— K. (@kLFCreds) August 18, 2013
That "Willian" photo. Hahahahahaaaaaa, what a hilarious way to draw attention to oneself
— Alexey Yaroshevsky (@YaroLFC) August 18, 2013
How can anyone say that looks like Willian in garlands last night. Only thing u can say that looks the same is their both black
— Tyrone (@Ty_0409) August 18, 2013